StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, first I want to apologize for my English low.

Secondly, I want to ask about installing Scottoiler.
I have not found anything about the vstrom 1000 2014 ..

You need to remove the gas tank to access the vacuum?
Someone has installed? I would be very helpful photos of the vacuum

Thank you very much.:grin2:

·
Registered
357 Posts
I think all the detail you require is on the scottoiler website and is also probably included with your purchase

·
Registered
357 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm installing a scottoiler on my dl1000 2014.
You can see the vacuumline from both sites of the bike.
but it is very difficult to reach.

I'll remove the gas tank and airbox for easy acces.
Will put up some pictures tomorrow

Where will you place the scottoiler?

Attachments

·
Registered
49 Posts
I had installed a "Pro-Oiler" on my Suzuki Busa several years back. It was a bit complicated to get the system to apply a "consistent" application of oil onto the chain at various speeds - 40 mph to 95 mph+ First the oil was too rich ended up all over my rear tire, then I had to continually recalibrate the system, first manually then while riding using the control module. But even still I could never get it just right. I really wanted to make that thing work, I kept at it for a full year or so. The oil nozzle would get clogged with sand and grit and often I had to clean it. During heavy rain I had to juice the oil output up. But it just got to be too much maintenance, too much calculations, cleaning, oil on my rear tire, fender etc...

Finally I just took the whole system off. I went back to bringing a can of chain lube with me and spayed the chain every 900 or 1000 miles. Its just so much more easier.

I think the Pro-Oiler and Scotts oiler systems are a fine concept, but I'm not convinced that they can be maintenance free and can apply a consistent oil application. With that said, at least for my experience I find it much easier just to bring along the chain lube. Been there done that.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I love my Scott oiler. For convenience and chain longevity it can't be beat.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I removed the fuel tank and airbox.
It is possible to make the vacuum connection without removing the airbox.
Use the vacuumtube of the IAP sensor #1. This sensor is accessible by lifting the fuel tank.

grts
Lode

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I removed the fuel tank and airbox.

It is possible to make the vacuum connection without removing the airbox.

Use the vacuumtube of the IAP sensor #1. This sensor is accessible by lifting the fuel tank.

grts

Lode

thank you very much. It's a shame but time did not read this. I remove the gas tank and airbox. but as you say, no need to remove the airbox. what bad explanation on the official site.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160408/8044f137f4f6ecd38e2d5eab0febcc85.jpg

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Where you have placed the RMV tank?

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk
I have the touring reservoir, I put it between my license plate and rear fender.

These are pics of my previous strom, but the oiler is mounted in the same place as on my current strom;

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
the first time I installed under the seat, above the battery, but I was not very happy. besides the vacuum of Scottoiler he was breaking. this afternoon, I've moved out and has been as follows:

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
the first time I installed under the seat, above the battery, but I was not very happy. besides the vacuum of Scottoiler he was breaking. this afternoon, I've moved out and has been as follows:
Still looking for "the perfect place" to mount it on my new Strom. On the old one I had it under the seat, which was as close to perfect as it can be...

A few questions to those of you with experience with Scottoilers:
- How does the Scottoiler react to dirt and debris from traffic and the rear wheel?
- Does the adjust-mechanism gets clogged in any way?
- Do you fill it in place or do you take it out of the mount?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts