StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hope I don't get in trouble, posted the same question in different words on the 1000 17+ forum. Before I pull the tank and tear into this, maybe there is a simple answer. On my used 2018 1000 I pulled the tank. Both lines were plugged into the tank, but there was a smaller vacuum line bundled with the other two that I could not find a home for. Any ideas would be very appreciated.

·
Registered
571 Posts
I could be way off the mark here but could the line you're referring to be the tube the fuel drips down if you overfill or spill while filling the tank? The little catchment area you see when the fuel cap is open? Just chucking it on the wall to see what sticks...:smile2:

·
Registered
3,149 Posts
I think no worry. Can't remember but maybe the hose assembly is for CA spec bikes or European with tank fume venting devices. Mine has the same. There is nothing this hose attaches to.

If memory serves me right there are 2 hoses that attach to the tank. One is the vent and the other is the filler neck drain I think.

The circled ones are the ones used, the arrow one is not in use:

Attachments

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wow, That is exactly what I was concerned about. I can not thank you enough. I will try to be quiet for a while.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts