StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 06 with many farkels a few weeks ago. Have been removing some of the things I will not need. Removed the small control unit when switched to Aprilla mirrors and am ready to take the rest of the componets off. Have not removed the tank from the bike yet but am wondering if I will run into problems removing any of the parts be they electrical or vacum. Would hate to remove something that would cause a problem later. Thanks for any advise you might have.

·
Registered
56 Posts
should be no problem. the electrical can just be removed.
power. ground, brake light wire, tach wire. no big deal. as for the vacuum just make sure to not leave a line open. take out Tee and replace with longer line, or stick a bolt (tight) in the empty line.
should be a lot easier to remove than to install. I have installed that unit on 4 bikes. not sure it I will put one on my Vstrom but you should be fine

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
I assume its an AudioVox CCS100 unit. I would be interested in buying if from you if its up for grabs. My daughters car has this cruise, and the control unit is fracked.

cheers!

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
The vacuum connections to each throttle body need to be plugged. You can leave short lengths of vacuum hose on each connection for convenience when you adjust the throttle valve synchronization in the future.

The tank and air box needs to be removed to get to the actuator cable connection to the throttles.

·
$tromtrooper
845 Posts
I assume its an AudioVox CCS100 unit. I would be interested in buying if from you if its up for grabs. My daughters car has this cruise, and the control unit is fracked.

cheers!
By control unit do you mean control switch or the unit itself? I need the a new control switch because the one on the bike is acting up. I'll share shipping if we need different items. :mrgreen: (I'm close to you) That's if the unit is up for sale.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
By control unit do you mean control switch or the unit itself? I need the a new control switch because the one on the bike is acting up. I'll share shipping if we need different items. :mrgreen: (I'm close to you) That's if the unit is up for sale.
No, I need the actual cruise control unit, the one with the cable coming out of it that goes to the throttle.

cheers!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cc unit

Thanks for the info. Am in the middle of a very busy time at our campground till the Memorial Day holiday. I will not be using the unit so will be able to pass it or pieces on. Will get back to those of you that are interested. Thanks again for your inputs.

·
Registered
2,557 Posts
Thanks again, what I actually need is the circuit board inside the control box. So, when/if you get a chance....

Cheers!

·
$tromtrooper
845 Posts
I'm up for the control switch. Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts