StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Memorial day Weekend, Thursday, Rest area near Lookout Pass MT and fueling station in St Regis, Mt, and on SR 135, IIRC.
Grey haired gentlemen with Yorkie (?) dog in red carrier. and Trailer. WA plates.
Me, red Honda CRV, saying Nice Bike. at Rest area...you were on a fone I think with your black helmet.

·
Registered
400 Posts
When I first saw the photo, before I read the post, I thought "man, that's a lot of trailer for a Yorkie, that poor dog must feel like a bean inside a maraca."
When I had my Kawi Voyager, I tried taking my Yorkie in the saddlebag, with the lid off, and him safely strapped in. Even made a little windscreen for him. But didn't work out....he was terrified.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
I saw something similar on one of the forums I'm on....might have even been this one. Someone had rebuilt their aluminum pannier into a place for his dog. It might have been a Yorkie, but definitely a small breed. The pannier lid had a nice padded opening; the dog sat in the pannier, and there was a restraint system inside that hooked to the dog to keep him from jumping out. The lid closed, and there was even a little windshield on top the pannier. The dog even had a set of Doggles, if I recall correctly. He looked like a WWI Spad pilot. The dog looked happy enough, but I can see how it could also freak a dog out.

I've seen some really nice dog trailers for motorcycles. Some of them made me wish I could lay in the trailer and someone else rode.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Saw a lady with a cruiser, child car seat strapped to the passenger seat. On command, her lab jumped up into the seat and sat there waiting. Dog's always happy to be hanging out with master, just takes some training and familiarity to get over the fear. Of course dogs are individuals too. Some will not get past the fear.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Saw a lady with a cruiser, child car seat strapped to the passenger seat. On command, her lab jumped up into the seat and sat there waiting. Dog's always happy to be hanging out with master, just takes some training and familiarity to get over the fear. Of course dogs are individuals too. Some will not get past the fear.
Some dogs you would have to shoot to keep from getting in the car or on the bike....they are all different. I am not sure but I think this guy carried his dog in the red bag, carrier...

Then there is the Gasoline Gypsy, Peggy Thomas. Good read, by the way.

·
aka Rick in Alabama
503 Posts
I didn't realize that a V-Strom could tow a trailer or that hitches were available.
Neither me. Who makes / sells the hitch?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts