StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy crap, I'm in Larissa, Greece on a business trip and this place is just overrun with V-Stroms! :)

Larissa's a medium sized town about 4 hours north of Athens, and I've seen more Stroms in the last 3 days than I've seen total in the US in the last 10 years. Easily 15-20, all first gen 650s.
I expected to see a bunch of scooters, which I have, but didn't expect the large number of adventure bikes.

Reactions: SECoda

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Thats the way I felt when we went as far as you can by road in N.A.. From a few BMW rider's that told us Sour Kraut was all we would see besides the four strom's we were on. Saw a few GS but by far more Strom's than any thing! Kind of like the number of 50cc step through Honda's you saw in the late 50s.:grin2:

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Someone posted about the infestation of Stroms in Greece a while back. Rich just think, all those Stroms could really benefit from new fork springs, I hope you're handing out cards. Haha.

Thirty years ago I spent a few weeks on Crete and rented a motorcycle a few times. The Honda XL250 were hugely popular and always booked. Crete has a lot of dirt and narrow country roads with few highways, so a dual sport was ideal.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just got back from Santorini, Mykonos & Athens.
On the Islands there were a few 650?s but more smaller single cylinder bikes like yamaha xt?s but in the 2 days I spent in Athens I probably saw over a dozen wee-stroms

·
Administrator
13,728 Posts
Just got back from Santorini, Mykonos & Athens.
On the Islands there were a few 650?s but more smaller single cylinder bikes like yamaha xt?s but in the 2 days I spent in Athens I probably saw over a dozen wee-stroms
That's is exactly the places we were at. Didn't see any Stroms on Mykonos (and tourists were only allowed to rent 50cc scooters there), saw several in the ten days we were on Santorini and saw hoards of them in Athens.The Athens bikes looked like people commuting to and from work, Santorini looked mainly like Tourists like me.

..Tom

·
Registered
172 Posts
I saw many on the main roads of Zakynthos when I vacationed there this summer, but mostly scooters and smaller singles on the side roads I used.
Most everything there looked very used but that could be from sitting in the sun all day, every day.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts