StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i've seen several Vees and Wees in the last week. let's see if anybody steps up.

yellow Wee on 2nd, turning left onto Osuna.

flat black on Jefferson turning left onto Paseo del Norte

black exiting the @25 complex at Jefferson and Singer

red Wee headed east on Montano at Coors - i was on the black Vee and waived.

P.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I'll be passing through in the process of completing the map, probably sometime in May. I'll wave at you guys. My wife and I are thinking about moving there in four or five years.

·
38,048 Posts
What? Nobody moves out of "Heavenston"!:D
I'm developing an allergy to snow. Every week this winter, I've compared the weather between ABQ and Evanston. If the comparison is decent in the summer, I'm making plans. ABQ has a huge lead.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm developing an allergy to snow. Every week this winter, I've compared the weather between ABQ and Evanston. If the comparison is decent in the summer, I'm making plans. ABQ has a huge lead.
25 years ago I moved from Springfield Illinois to Albuquerque. Climate is much friendlier here.

·
Registered
37 Posts
25 years ago I moved from Springfield Illinois to Albuquerque. Climate is much friendlier here.
Thats funny, I moved from Chatham right outside of Springfield 10 years ago, and now I'm in albuquerque for the second time since then (military). As much as I miss the midwest, I dont think I could go back (I'd miss the scenery)

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, i post about 4 different Stroms i see, and i get 4 posts about moving to ABQ.

Pat - let me know when you come through ABQ. i'll take you out for some Mexican. good stuff.

Mr. Breeze and Pavemike - PM me. we'll ride some time. i'm riding to Mountainair tomorrow.

P.

·
Registered
37 Posts
theBigPpaz,

A ride sounds good. I work a mixture of days and nights through the week, so the weekends are the only good times for me (and I have to split my dirt and street time :D ).
I mad a ride up to Madrid today, and while waiting on my buddy to show up on Central and Tramway, I saw a red Strom leading 3 other dualsports (looked like drz's and xr's). Hope whoever it was had a good time, expecially those poor guys on the small bikes with all that wind out there.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
theBigPpaz,

A ride sounds good. I work a mixture of days and nights through the week, so the weekends are the only good times for me (and I have to split my dirt and street time :D ).
I mad a ride up to Madrid today, and while waiting on my buddy to show up on Central and Tramway, I saw a red Strom leading 3 other dualsports (looked like drz's and xr's). Hope whoever it was had a good time, expecially those poor guys on the small bikes with all that wind out there.
we were at the Einstein bagels at tramway and central at 9:30. there were a bunch of folks riding yesterday. it was VERY windy in mountainair. but i was the only one of the group that was getting blown around. could be the big trunk, the Givi windscreen and the two of us on the bike that made the difference.

P.

·
$tromTrooper
1,741 Posts
I came in to Albuquerque on Thursday afternoon looking like this.....

And I left Albuquerque on Friday morning, looking like this.....

Of course....I had to stop here for food on my ride back to Colorado.....

·
38,048 Posts
That's a very tall looking seat.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Big John,

you're lucky you left Friday. the whole weekend was 40mph winds.

is that Michael's place in Taos?

P.

·
Registered
60 Posts
ok, i post about 4 different Stroms i see, and i get 4 posts about moving to ABQ.

Pat - let me know when you come through ABQ. i'll take you out for some Mexican. good stuff.

Mr. Breeze and Pavemike - PM me. we'll ride some time. i'm riding to Mountainair tomorrow.

P.
Sorry BIGPpaz, I felt I should let Greywolf know about the awesome climate here and I forgot what the thread was about. That may have been me on Osuna, My wife locked herself out of the car and I had to go rescue her.

·
Registered
69 Posts
ABQ-Vee & wee Riders

;)Sounds like we have a lot of Strom in Abq. I think we need to get togeather and have some fun. I know I have met about 6 riders here. Chuck

·
$tromTrooper
1,741 Posts
That's a very tall looking seat.
Yeah, I have been trying to get my Strom to a 36" seat height, but atop that Dodge, it goes about 6 feet!

Anyway, funning you should make that statement, as with my 1" raising links and 1.7" increase in seat height to the Tall Tourning Seat....I am nearly 3" above stock!!!!

Hey Big John,

you're lucky you left Friday. the whole weekend was 40mph winds.

is that Michael's place in Taos?

P.

Yes, that is Micheal's in Taos....awesome breakfasts and lunches. I feasted on the Green Chicken Enchiladas!!!!!

I also battled a little wind on the way up between Raton and Pueblo.....but Saturday was decent weather....just overcast and a little chilly.

By the way, I use to live in Rio Rancho and it is always....very, very good for me to come back for a visit!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts