StromTrooper banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2005 V-Strom. The bike was laid down by the previous owner. It needs some work. The bike runs and drives great, but needs a new front end. No fork, frame, engine, or sub-frame damage. Gauges, light assembly, fairing stay, headlight fairing,left side fairing, bar ends, all need to be replaced.

The bike came with Givi Monokey racks, side bags and tail bag . Staintune exhaust, Contour bars, center-stand, new on the bike rear Metzler Tourance, %50 front Tourance, and an extra un-mounted front Tourance. Extra rear brake caliper, pads, and disc. Oil filter.

I rode the bike, and it is a blast! I cannot wait to get this thing on the street. It is a little tall for me, but lowering is always an option.

I currently have a 2005 YZF600r, that I love. Its versatile, it can do track days, ride 2-up, and do some sport-touring, and it is pretty good around town. I've even done some dirt. But with 2-up and camping gear it's a little crowded, plus around 300 miles is all we can really do in a day without being absolutely miserable.

I've been looking at this type of bike for a while. So when this came up, I thought it would be a great opportunity to experience one.

Really looking forward to adventuring on it.

It has 19,982 miles, I paid $1400.

Now, I have to get to work!

·
Registered
588 Posts
Looks like a pretty good deal. For having been laid down, there doesn't appear to be much damage. Let's hope you find everything you need for the rebuild in short order.

Welcome to the club!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts