StromTrooper banner
41 - 60 of 70 Posts
Hi everyone,

I just purchased a DL1000 yesterday. Would love to meet up once a month, maybe Saturday morning coffee?

Did this ever get started?

Thanks!
Welcome to the family! Where would be a good place? I am in Newberg (Southwest side), where bouts are you?

My bike is at Gresham getting some small repairs. I hope I can coordinate picking it up and meeting with you guys in the Portland area for coffee and a ride. It should be ready in a couple weeks. Around the first of March or shortly thereafter.

PDX Breakfast Club

Alright, I'm throwing out a day...2nd Saturday of the month.

Now the question is...where?
1. In the "Olden Days" we use to meet at a place called the "Golden Touch" on Barbur Blvd (8124 SW Barbur Blvd, Portland, OR), that was Berserker's favorite place.
2. At the southern end of 205 in West Lynn (exit 10), there is a Biscuits to the north and a Sheri's to the south.
3. A little farther north on 205 there is an Elmer's just off of the 212 exit.

If you've noticed, I am a little bias toward the south end because I know of at least 2 of us in the south west area. But if you have a better place, chime in. Hope this get's things started.

Alright, since the only vote was for Elmer's, let's meet at Elmer's on March 10th at...let it warm up a bit, 10:00am. Now here's the challenge to you guys. I will be there, even if the weather is not ride worthy. We can still talk Strom, get to know each other and have a good breakfast. If the weather is decent, there are lots of fun roads to the east of there.
That sound like a plan?

Sounds good to me-as long as it's not raining. ?

I don't own any rain riding gear yet.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Alright, since the only vote was for Elmer's, let's meet at Elmer's on March 10th at...let it warm up a bit, 10:00am. Now here's the challenge to you guys. I will be there, even if the weather is not ride worthy. We can still talk Strom, get to know each other and have a good breakfast. If the weather is decent, there are lots of fun roads to the east of there.
That sound like a plan?

OH Boy and Meet and Greet

Sounds good to me-as long as it's not raining. ?

I don't own any rain riding gear yet.

Looking forward to meeting everyone.
I'll be there, if weather is too bad I drive the Mustang. I'm way up in Longview, so not wanting to ride 60 miles in rain, but have been know to travel in rain over 1500 miles back in the day.

Is it possible for someone to put an email list together for all that may like to participate in meetups so we know if they are going to happen. I would hate to ride or drive all the way down and nobody shows up because of weather....

Wayne aka Hoggdoc:smile2:

I was thinking of email myself. We can announce rides here, then follow up by email. I can gather addresses into a dispo list and share that with the group if you want. My email is maspeer22@outlook.com. Just send me a "HI" email and I will add you to the list, but let me know if you don't want to share and I will bcc you on future emails.
Just a reminder, you don't have to ride to have breakfast.

There are three Elmer's off 205. One on 82nd drive at Clackamas (exit 12) next to the old Fred Meyers, one across Washington st from Mall 205 (exit 20), and another one up in Parkrose at exit 23B.

Great place, but kind of a nightmare for groups if the planning committee doesn't keep communications clear.

Hi Stromers:
FYI: For those of you that have not been on a group ride, here is a video from the Motorcycle Safety Foundation.

It gives you an idea of how to prep and what to expect.

Reactions: Rides2Work
41 - 60 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.