Portland (Oregon) Stromers let's meet on
Sunday, May 21
at 2pm
at the Starbucks on Sandy Blvd & NE 39th
for some coffee & Strom talk

Thanks,
Juergen

Reactions: Kerri Miller
I see meet and greet offers on different forums.
There is a monthly BMW M&G in Portland I've noticed on a couple different BMW forums. You might try searching that out and go see what they do to gather the brethren and find a Strom kinda place and try the same.
I used to attend a 2nd Tuesday evening thing locally but I'm lazy, the evening traffic really sucks here and I like my wine with the 4 o'clock news so riding to a 6 pm meet is not good.
These are the kind of excuses that folks will find to keep them from attending unless your meeting place is really welcoming.
The greet I was attending only garnered 5-8 riders at best.
May sound dumb, but if any of you are a hosting kinda person with a big house or patio, you could sponsor a gathering. Spring/summer weather my be inviting.
Do a pot-luck.

I'm finally back!

It took over a year of looking and saving, but I am finally back in the Vstrom family. I just bought a 2009 1K, low miles, great shape and good price. Black is not my first choice in color, but there was just something about this one. Will baseline all the fluids and check valve clearances before doing any serious riding. Will be watching for meetups, like the "old" days.

Attachments

Reactions: bobbyvstrom
Welcome back Mike. Sharky and I still both have our 05's. Phil just moved a little south of Portland.
The only V Strom rally now is in Colorado this year. called the Cache Rally.

Don

That's a bit of a ways. Your Avatar reminds me of the "Rolling Rally" we did back a few years. Wonder if there would be interest in doing another one. Just a thought.

Reactions: bobbyvstrom
My avatar is from your photos.
Yes that Reno rally was a great one. The Klamath Falls stop was a real plus.
Just realized that you meant the one Bezerker put together with 2 night stops at each location. That could be a good one to put together.

Rolling Rally

Wasn't a fan of the mosquitoes at French Glen. Need a different spot.

Wasn't a fan of the mosquitoes at French Glen. Need a different spot.
Yah that was a poor pick for a campsite. Raccoons made a mess too.
Lots of other great spots in Eastern Oregon to make up a route.

Welcome Back !!!!!!!!

Great to hear from you !!!!!!!
Just moved to Tigard a month ago from our 2200 sq ft floating home on the river to a 1600 sq ft home on land is a big change.
Hope to see you soon !!! :smile2:

Bike's getting closer

My brother is doing the work on the bike (use to be a MC mechanic and has a K6 Vee). Valve clearances were in spec, hope the K&N air filter will come in today, received one of the two Anakee III's yesterday. My wife"s biggest concern with the new bike is not buying it, but all the Farkles I will want to put on it. She is correct to be concerned. It's hard not to get what you want when you have too much time at work and a 0% interest card. Must be strong...! Will let you guys know when I am actually back on the road.

Discussion starter · #33 ·
I wonder if you are the Strom rider I meet/talked to outside Lanphere in Beaverton one afternoon in about November 2016, I scribbled my e-mail address on a piece of crumpled brown paper for you. I never heard anything back, but I remember you mentioning residing in the Newberg area. You had GIVI aluminum bags, the ones which open to the side on a Strom 1000 brownish color. I was surprised that you had the bike in idle for the entire time we talked, about 20 minutes.
Just curious...

Juergen Schuetze
SW Portland
2016 Strom 1000 ADV

Moved !!!!!!!

A bit of trivial news, we have moved from our floating home on the river in North Portland to Tigard just south of Portland, so will still be riding from the same area !!!!!!! :smile2:

A bit of trivial news, we have moved from our floating home on the river in North Portland to Tigard just south of Portland, so will still be riding from the same area !!!!!!! :smile2:
Hope the transition went well. Were getting to old for much drama.

Welcome back Mike. Sharky and I still both have our 05's. Phil just moved a little south of Portland.
The only V Strom rally now is in Colorado this year. called the Cache Rally.

Don
Hey Don, Wayne here. I'm new to the forum and just bought a nice 2003 DL1000. I have been riding for many years and just back on 2 wheels after about 4 years without a bike.

I'm wondering are there any local get togethers around the Portland/Vancouver area as I would love to meet and chat with some long term V Strom owners.

Have a good day and ride safe.

:laugh2:

Hey Don, Wayne here. I'm new to the forum and just bought a nice 2003 DL1000.

I'm wondering are there any local get togethers around the Portland/Vancouver area as I would love to meet and chat with some long term V Strom owners.

Wayne- We haven't had one in 2 years. I hope to post up a Miners Burger(In Yakima) Run in the 1st Sat. of June. This NW section is where local rides are posted.
Also anytime you have a ride planned, post it and see if others are interested.

Not I he said. I only got the bike last month.

I wonder if you are the Strom rider I meet/talked to outside Lanphere in Beaverton one afternoon in about November 2016, I scribbled my e-mail address on a piece of crumpled brown paper for you. I never heard anything back, but I remember you mentioning residing in the Newberg area. You had GIVI aluminum bags, the ones which open to the side on a Strom 1000 brownish color. I was surprised that you had the bike in idle for the entire time we talked, about 20 minutes.
Just curious...

Juergen Schuetze
SW Portland
2016 Strom 1000 ADV
Sorry Juergen, it wasn't me. I just got my bike last month, an it has Givi's on it.

Me thinks we need to plan a breakfast meetup/ride. Let's pick a weekend and a central place. I get to ride my bike for the first time from my brother's in Scappoose to my garage in Newberg on Sunday. Give me a couple of weeks to adjust and I will be up for it. Mike

21 - 40 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.