Strom Trooper banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an interest in the Portland, OR area to get together once a month to talk about 'all things V-Strom' ?
For example, meeting at a brewpub after work or coffee shop on a weekend, to get to know each other, learn what's going on in PDX, V-Strom related etc.
I have enjoyed the monthly meetings of the Airheads ( folks who ride air-cooled BMW's) over the last 20+years.
I am new to the V-Strom model and have a number of things I would like to know more about in a face to face way, not in a typing away way

Juergen Schuetze
SW Portland
2016 V-Strom 1000 Adventure / ~180miles

·
Registered
14 Posts
It will be a pleasure to meet some "Stormthusiast" next spring or summer. I was planning to go to Portland last fall, but changing plan at the last minutes because of the weather. But this trip is still in my plan.
Maybe we shall meet us next year

·
Registered
421 Posts
There are several Vstrom riders here and around Portland. Went on rides with several a few years back, but not recently ( might be BO ? )

I'm always ready for a ride :smile2:

Oh and a Merry Xmas to all you Strommers !!!!!!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I'm not exactly in the Portland area but have two kids and their families nearby in the Vancouver WA area. I'm usually game for a visit and ride when the weather is favorable. I have a 2006 Vee and love the thing. Not to hijack the thread, but we could go for a ride and stop somewhere and chat about all things V Strom.

·
Registered
79 Posts
It would be nice to meet other Vstromer's I am also in the Portland area, Beaverton to be exact so let us know a time and place for a meet up or ride.

Pete

·
Registered
95 Posts
I commute in from Scappoose on the Wee when the weather is nice. I may be up for a meet when the crappy weather passes.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Connecting with my inner Strom

It's been a while since I ended up selling my Wee to buy a Goldwing to ride with the wife. I've been missing my Strom, so I am working at getting another. Came real close in November, but it was the right bike at the wrong time. I miss the breakfast bunch and our lunch bunch on the west side of Portland (Beaverton/Hillsboro area). Would be interested in getting back in touch with Strommers again, great group, as long as you don't mind a big fat Goldwing tagging along for a while.

·
Registered
421 Posts
It's been a while since I ended up selling my Wee to buy a Goldwing to ride with the wife. I've been missing my Strom, so I am working at getting another. Came real close in November, but it was the right bike at the wrong time. I miss the breakfast bunch and our lunch bunch on the west side of Portland (Beaverton/Hillsboro area). Would be interested in getting back in touch with Strommers again, great group, as long as you don't mind a big fat Goldwing tagging along for a while.
Does not bother me a bit !!!! Welcome !! :wink2:

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
Well its been awhile(Almost 10 years). Sharky and I still get a trip together once or twice a year. Hope to see you at a meet or something.

Don

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'm game. I live near Rainier and work in Gresham. If it ever gets above 40 again I'll be riding.

G

·
0 Posts
Add me to the list. Im into talking shop and learning more about the strom too. How about off-pavement group rides, anyone interested? I have some never.co planned rides that are easy to share and the Rever app is free. Looking forward!

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm in, haven't done a ride here in quite a while.

I don't use the wee much for off road. Gravel roads to Timothy Lake or Olallie Lake are about it.

I do some riding with the folks at advrider but use the KLX250 for that.

G

·
0 Posts
Yea, I get the feeling that I'm trying to squeeze as much of out the wee as possible as I only have one motorcycle. Im planning the Olallie ride soon and looking around a few trails I have on the to do list, mostly looking for off-pavement roads good for two-up camping so nothing challenging, so far so good. The KLX250 looks fun, nice pic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all. I returned to riding after a 30 year hiatus a year ago and last month bought a 12 DL650. The weather has been so crappy I've only put 100 miles on it. I've never been one to do the group/club thing, but it would be nice to learn some ins and outs. If you're willing to let a rook tag along, I'd be in.

1 - 20 of 70 Posts