StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any v-stroms out there that dont have a hundred thousand miles on them ? :smile2:

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Normally I'm a low-miles-machine type of buyer.

After owning my first '07 Wee for a few years, and going into the engine to do the 30K (first for bike) valve adjust, and seeing how clean the engine was inside, and how well it ran afterwards (and before) I just don't worry much about the miles.

For example, last year, at about this time, I bought a new-to-me '12 Wee with ~26K miles on it. Bike was pristine and at a fair price I thought. Runs like a charm. No regrets.

·
Premium Member
5,254 Posts
My 2010 has only 114,000 km on and runs like a top. If they look for a well maintained machine, people can score bargains on the high milers.
I got mine for $2250 with 90K km on it - factory luggage, Racetech front shocks, engine slider, ABS
Seller was a Brit engineer - owned it from new - he did his own maitenance and it showed. Pristine hardly covers it.
It's a long term keeper. :D

In my experience ...modern Japanese motors get smoother up to about 20k km.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I picked up k9 Wee in May & am now its 2nd owner. Only 21k miles when i got it. Fair price. Lucky me.

Sent from my LGUS991 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
140 Posts
There are lots of them but they may not be for sale if.... that is what you are asking.

·
Premium Member
1,634 Posts
My 2007 ABS Wee has only 44,000, and it will never be for sale. They'll have to pry it out of my cold dead hands.

Reactions: HokiesRWee

·
Administrator
13,821 Posts
Is there any v-stroms out there that dont have a hundred thousand miles on them ? :smile2:
Yeah my 2015 DL1000 only has 50,000 km/31,00 miles but I have only had it a bit over a year so give me some time... :)

..Tom

·
Registered
975 Posts
Yeah my 2015 DL1000 only has 50,000 km/31,00 miles but I have only had it a bit over a year so give me some time... :)

..Tom
dang, lottsa saddle time :thumbup:

i consider myself avid if i can roll 10-12k miles/year. oddly, before i retired in dec 08, i was averaging just a hair's breadth less'n 12K/year following 11 years of riding. more like 9k/yr now. go figure.

·
Administrator
13,821 Posts
dang, lottsa saddle time :thumbup:

i consider myself avid if i can roll 10-12k miles/year. oddly, before i retired in dec 08, i was averaging just a hair's breadth less'n 12K/year following 11 years of riding. more like 9k/yr now. go figure.
Hopefully when I retire!

..Tom

·
Registered
302 Posts
$1500 cash and my 2003 DL1000 is yours. Comes with hard bags, windshield, crash guard, Russell saddle and other odds and ends

Reactions: V-Tom

·
Registered
20 Posts
Tom, you've got some serious saddle time there.

Zip, I just found my first Vstrom two weeks ago.
'08 650 with just over 12k mi. Most of the ones :grin2:I looked at were in the 25-50k range before finding the Lil bumblebee.

Attachments

·
Registered
727 Posts
$1500 cash and my 2003 DL1000 is yours. Comes with hard bags, windshield, crash guard, Russell saddle and other odds and ends
Your bike is legendary, how about a raffle and donate the profit to charity similar to what Black Lab did a couple years ago. :fineprint:
every strom i meet on the road has over 100k. 650 & 1000. just saying. :serious:
Where is this mysterious place? >:)

·
Registered
302 Posts
The US Suzuki rep told me last month that there is a new model Suzuki coming out this fall that "I would definitely be interested in". We'll have to wait to see what they have in mind.

I really doubt no one would want to exchange $ for my hunk of metal for any reason :)

·
Registered
729 Posts
I bought an '06 Wee last October with 6500 miles for $3500. I was the 3rd owner, still had the stock tires and ran great.
Put new tires on it and sold it to my son. Nice bike!

·
Registered
112 Posts
I bought an '06 Wee last October with 6500 miles for $3500. I was the 3rd owner, still had the stock tires and ran great.
Put new tires on it and sold it to my son. Nice bike!

Similarly, I just took delivery on an 06 1K with 7100 miles and for $3K. Original tires and no modification. Most of it's life was spent in a storage container.

A buddy hit a dog while riding my 05 1K. So instead of fixing it, I'm moving the farkles from the 05 to the 06 then sell the 05.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts