1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Administrator
17,020 Posts
I never thought the Strom was ugly, but I agree that Victory screwed up BIGTIME with that design. Nothing classic looking with that bike, it looks like an over designed nightmare.

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, understand I don't think the Strom is ugly. I love my Strom more than my $25,000.00 HD Classic. Perfect bike to have all around fun and a great "Twist and Grin" motorcycle.

Just some people think the Strom is UGLY, well that Victory is what I call UGLY.

:)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Yeah, I guess I no longer consider Ugh ugly. After looking at that thing Ugh is beautiful.

ICBIRAR
ISYHTRAH

·
Registered
119 Posts
When I first saw the V-Strom I didn't think it looked too good. When I rode one, I knew I wanted one. Now that I have owned it for a few months, I think it is down right beautiful!
Look at this bike.
A THING OF BEAUTY!!!!! :mrgreen: :D

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Well I'll stick in my .02. I think it's "neat". Futuristic, and somewhat radical. I have to admire designers who are willing to go someplace new and a company that is willing to put thier $ on the line. I would love to see it in person.

Now I'm not at all interested in owning one but it looks to me like it could give Goldwings and RoadKings some competition. Here are some other images:

http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,2912.0.html

BTW I never thought the Strom was an ugly bike. I'm not sure what I would call an ugly bike. I guess I've never seen one.

But what can you believe form someone who includes roadkill with each post :lol:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I was getting gas today when a woman on the other side of the island asked me what kind of bike it was. I said it was a Suzuki DL650. She said "It's beautiful". 'Nuff said. It was pretty much equipped as shown.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
I'll quote Elaine from "Seinfeld":

"The female body is a work of art. The male body is utilitarian. It's for gettin' around, like a jeep."

·
Premium Member
2,361 Posts
I think it's pretty.

A fellow returned to work after riding his Strom at lunchtime, and found a message saying, "Batman called. He wants his motorcycle back."

I like that. Perhaps the Caped Crusader would choose a V-Strom. Can you imagine the accessories that thing would be carrying!!!

Keith

·
Registered
986 Posts
They are a little odd-lookin if you just came from a more conventional bike--but as was said earlier it is a case of form following function, and I knew it was 'right' the minute I tried one.

I note that if it's sparkling clean and shiny it gets compliments about as often as any other bike. The public likes clean and shiny.

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Nice Bike!

I Love the way my Bike looks! And get good compliments about it from time to time. I think it has a Mad Max type of personality and would be really cool if it had a set of rocket launchers mounted to each side of the fairing.:cool:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
I think the strom looks great.

If I wanted to look like everyone else I'd buy a BMW :p

SS

1 - 18 of 18 Posts