·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They look like TraX side cases, look at the Twisted Throttle site.

Bill H.
I think you're right. The ones on the bike I saw had Suzuki stamped into the aluminum on the top case, so they must have been made specifically for Suzuki by SWmotech (or savvy sweat shop). This particular dealer would have no idea about any of these details.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Looks good, like the OP said at $1000 more than a stock one it is a great value.

·
Registered
392 Posts
bags

TraX bags ain't cheap, nice stuff though. $1000 over the base bike is a pretty good deal.

It's also pretty common for dealers, even good ones, to not know about aftermarket accessories. Mine was amazed at my Madstad bracket :)

Btw, if you have a bracket like this and the dealer is servicing the bike, leave instructions for them to leave it alone, or you'll have to readjust it all over again after the mechanic(s) plays with it.

Bill H.

·
Registered
211 Posts
TraX bags ain't cheap, nice stuff though. $1000 over the base bike is a pretty good deal.

It's also pretty common for dealers, even good ones, to not know about aftermarket accessories. Mine was amazed at my Madstad bracket :)

Btw, if you have a bracket like this and the dealer is servicing the bike, leave instructions for them to leave it alone, or you'll have to readjust it all over again after the mechanic(s) plays with it.

Bill H.
I had the kid at the parts counter at the large dealer I bought my Wee from argue with me about Givi making crash bars for our bike...they were about to lose my sale when he found them in the catalog. He never did apologize though...

·
Registered
77 Posts
Those are TRAX bags for sure, I just bought a set. Wonder what else it come with. Even if it is just the racks and the side bags $1000 is a fair price. If it comes with the trunk, it's a deal!
I wonder if they will be seen in the states?

·
Registered
392 Posts
aftermarket parts

Buying aftermarket parts from your dealer is a great way to spend a heck of alot of extra money, dealer mark-up is usually pretty gross. Sometimes it's worth it if they don't charge you for shipping though.

There are places online that either don't charge for shipping or do it for very little, worth shopping around a bit.

I bought my handguards from the dealer, no shipping made their price cheaper than online.

Bill H.

·
Registered
77 Posts
That all depends. I like to support my local dealer, but I dont like to throw money away in the process.
My local dealer had his open house last saturday and gave 20% off on everything (not bikes) I was able to get my Sargent seat for $329. This allowed me to support my local dealer and save some money!

It was also at my local dealer that I found out that the 2008 wee ABS I had just purchased used (from out of town BMW dealer) had an extended warranty till 2014 ..... Can you say .....BONUS!!!!! ......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts