StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are working with Superbrace to offer a group buy/introductory pricing for the new Superbrace for the V-stroms. The ordering period for the group buy pricing is from now until August 31st.
At the end of the ordering period, we will be getting the number of units required off to Superbrace and they should have them ready for us to ship in about 2 weeks.

The suggested retail price for the brace is $157.95 and the intro/group buy price is $119.95.

See our Group Buy Page for details here:
http://www.amotostuff.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=superbrace_vstrom_group_buy

Due to the overwhelming sucess of the group buy and the fact this is a Holiday weekend, Superbrace has authorized us to extend the Group Buy until the end of September 4th.

·
Registered
697 Posts
I'll be ordering mine tomorrow. Hopefully it helps on my front tire from hopping/skipping under heavy acceleration.

·
Registered
90 Posts
strom lurker said:
Hopefully it helps on my front tire from hopping/skipping under heavy acceleration.
I don't think so - it doesn't weigh enough to keep the front end down under acceleration...!

I guess you could use it for a mounting point for 50lbs of lead.... :wink:

Trevor

·
Registered
303 Posts
I'd like to know more. I've been to their site and get the concept. Has anyone here actually used this successfully on a DLK? Is fabricating one at home a reasonable alternative? God knows I'll buy almost anything for a motorcycle, but this isn't even a thing I even knew I needed. Is it something other riders can see when you pass them (or vice-versa?)

·
Registered
697 Posts
I just ordered mine. Hoping that the 119 price reflects somewhere. Can't wait to get this!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Fork brace on my own...

Hey Mike-I have access to a milling machine and I wouldn’t try it. I don’t like the risk of making it too tight and screwing up a fork leg-big $$. The piece looks very well build. I always wanted one for my Concours, testimony shows it doesn’t do any bad...

By the time I figure finding aluminum stock, measuring everything, cutting and polishing or anodizing-it is a good deal.

I ordered mine the 30th-we’ll see.

N

·
0 Posts
I have a 05 DL1000 and would like to try superbrace how can I get in on purchase

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Due to the overwhelming sucess of the group buy and the fact this is a Holiday weekend, Superbrace has authorized us to extend the Group Buy until the end of September 4th.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Re: V-Strom Superbrace Group Buy Extended until September 4t

amotostuff said:
The suggested retail price for the brace is $157.95 and the intro/group buy price is $119.95.

See our Group Buy Page for details here:
http://www.amotostuff.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Category_Code=superbrace_vstrom_group_buy
I ordered one, but like said earlier, didn't see the $119.95 pricing anywhere. I hope that price is reflected on my CC statment because it certainly wasn't on either of my invoces (on-line or via e-mail)

The road I travel to and from work almost everyday has a lot of truck traffic and the hiway has become rutted. It makes braking and interesting excercise in balance sometimes. I mostly feel a slight wobble in the bars under heavy braking. I hope this brace fixes all or part of that.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here are the instructions posted on the Group Buy page:

Here's how get in on this great deal:
(1) Create an account in our online store
(2) Send an e-mail to [email protected] mentioning the V-strom Superbrace Group Buy.
(3) We will then add your account to the group buy and our V-Strom forum discount program and notify you as soon as it is ready. You will then be able to order the group/club specials directly from our website.
(4) Place your order for the Superbrace in our online store before the end of September 4th.

·
Registered
112 Posts
My bad ...

I saw "Group Buy" in the column on the left after I created an account. I clicked on it and the brace showed up. I just "assumed" group purchas pricing would be in the group purchase category.

Oh well ... looking forward to getting stabilized none-the-less.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Just a bump here. I ordered mine way back in Aug and was wondering when these things where going to be shipping (Got my confirmation of order Aug 14).

I have not received shipping notification yet. Anyone got theirs yet?

·
Registered
697 Posts
I'm still waiting myself, but patience is one of my many virtues.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts