StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Bob said:
Twisted Throttle http://www.twistedthrottle.com/index.php/trade/productlist/108/ is now selling a tankbag specifically designed to fit the V-Strom tanks.

They've also got their SW Motech skid plates on sale for $209, regular $239.

Bob (who doesn't work for Twisted Throttle)
Has anyone used one of these, and how do you like it?
I need to be getting me a tankbag soon for my new 650.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Tank bags

I've got the Nelson-Rigg magnetic tank bag and it fits perfectly on top of the tank. It covers the filler cap and the rear edge lines up right along the edge of the tank bra.

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Has anyone used one of these, and how do you like it?
Just received one this week & tried it out today riding to/from work.

Seems to work just fine to me. However, this is my first tank bag so I don't have anything to compare. I was worried that it would bother me, but it didn't seem to & was convenient to dump stuff in (like lunch).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Re: Tank bags

kujo54 said:
I've got the Nelson-Rigg magnetic tank bag and it fits perfectly on top of the tank. It covers the filler cap and the rear edge lines up right along the edge of the tank bra.
Which Nelson-Rigg bag do you have, and do you have a photo can share. Twisted Throttle is now sold out of their bags.
Thanks,

·
Registered
312 Posts
Crazy Chris

Crazy
did that Bib come as part of the bag assembly, or separate? what brand, model?
looks sharp

zapp

{by the way... can someone explain to me how to use these Quote buttons etc? everytime I try I get syntax errors....]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Zapp. like crazy chris, I have a Bagster combination on my Strom. The tank covers (bib) are bike specific and can be had in a multitude of colours to match your paint, mine is a yellow cover, not a perfect match, but it does not look out of place. You then by a bag from a variety of capacities from approx 15 litres up to 40 litres. The larger sizes expand to suit your needs so you do not have a large bag with not a lot in it!
Web site is www.baglux.co.uk for an english language site, the parent company is french I believe. Not sure if they have a US distributor, I am sure someone will tell us.
Ride safe Doebag

ps will try and post a picture of my set up

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Well, I am going to have to update my review of the Twisted Throttle bag - I took it on the bike today for a group ride and both of the top bag zippers broke (one came completely off). I had to use the straps to tie it closed since the one that remained on only unzipped what was zipped.

bummer.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I was told by Eric Thursday they were all sold out of the Twisted Throttle tankbags.Sounds like you will have to get a refund.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts