StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question. do the wee and the vee use the same size allen wrench for the front axle ? i have a wee. thanks ahead of time for your reply.

05 / 650 in blue

·
Registered
39 Posts
1000 is bigger

I'm 99 percent sure.

I made a tool for mine and I believe the bolt/nut size I used takes is 3/4 inches. Something like 17 or 19 mm.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW ! lots of options . thanks guys an gals all over. now i have to make a decision best suited for my tool kit. that nuts and bolt thing looks good and the spark plug socket is a two in one tool that i like. i know i have a box of plug sockets hiding here somewhere. many thanks. keep the shiny side up.

05 / 650 in blue

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay i am back. tried the spark plug socket and it was too big. maybe i will just get my act together and measure the front axle and then go to the local bolt supply house. but it was fun digging through the old tool box.

05 / 650 in blue

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
okay, i am back again. measured the front axle and i will need a 12 mm allen wrench. guess i will just bite the bullet and buy the right tool.

05 / 650 in blue

·
Registered
360 Posts
Being in Canada, you might have better luck finding a 12mm Allen wrench. It's a PITA here to find anything over 10mm.

I finally found a 12mm standard L-shaped Allen wrench at Sears. I trimmed about 3/4 in. off with a Dremel cutting disc and used a 12mm hex socket to loosen and tighten the axle.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so much for canada. joe at the bolt store found a 12 mm in cleveland. but i will try sears. the only ones locally come in sets and go up to 10 mm only. oh well, now i have a purpose to get up in the morning.

05 / 650 in blue

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the tip Spongebob218. I recently picked up a 12 MM allen wrench and it snugs into the bike tool kit nicely.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts