StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new (to me) K3 last week, and, as much as I had read all the posts on the unique bugs features of the V-Strom, I cant believe that some of the things I'm experiencing are really, honestly supposed to work like this.

So I have also been dutifully making notes on all of the mods, replacements and refreshes that have worked for others on high-kilometerage V-Stroms (new carrier bearings for the clunky gear shifting, etc.).

Now I am anticipating the first visit to the shop where I see one or both of the following happening: (1) the mechanic not knowing what's normal and what's not on a V-Strom and wasting a bunch of his/her time and my money learning; and/or (2) the eye-rolling as I take out my notes and start trying to discuss the finer points of clutch basket replacement with him/her.

So, can anyone recommend a mechanic in Toronto (accessible by transit, ideally) who "gets" V-Stroms and, more importantly, their owners?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Rick at DualSport Plus in Stoney Creek is the only guy I trust to work on my bikes, period...

Richard

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, I don't currently have access to a friend with a car who is generous enough to make the run from downtown TO to Stoney Creek twice to ferry out there and back, as I am pretty sure that the work I want done can't be done on a "while-u-wait" basis.

·
Registered
518 Posts
You might want to check and see if the mechanic that worked at Suzuki of Brampton transferred to Brampton Power Sports. ( the two Brampton car/bike dealers [Honda and Suzuki] transferred their bikes to the new powersport shop, and added Yamaha) He was pretty well respected on the GTA motorcycle forum. The other Zuki dealer in TO is Snow City Cycle, but they only picked up the brand last year. Robert at Pannon Sports in Streetsville is well respected, but it's a pretty small shop. You might want to ask that question on GTA Motorcycles to get current info, since the Toronto motorcycle scene seems to change almost daily.:headbang:

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
You might want to check and see if the mechanic that worked at Suzuki of Brampton transferred to Brampton Power Sports. ( the two Brampton car/bike dealers [Honda and Suzuki] transferred their bikes to the new powersport shop, and added Yamaha) He was pretty well respected on the GTA motorcycle forum. The other Zuki dealer in TO is Snow City Cycle, but they only picked up the brand last year. Robert at Pannon Sports in Streetsville is well respected, but it's a pretty small shop. You might want to ask that question on GTA Motorcycles to get current info, since the Toronto motorcycle scene seems to change almost daily.:headbang:
Sorry for the thread jack... Where is the new place (Brampton powersport dealership)? I used to go to Suzuki of Brampton a few years back...

Richard

·
Premium Member
4,960 Posts
Check out 109 Cycle. Peter runs a great shop.

Or maybe T.O. Cycle. Junior (one of the mechanics) is magic.

·
Administrator
13,676 Posts
I've never done major work with him (only many tires, chains, sprockets and bearings), but Ted Rose of Rosey Toes seems to know his way around bikes quite well. He's on Wendal Avenue just south of Wilson so esay access by transit.

..Tom

·
Registered
518 Posts
It might depend on what you need done. If it's routine, Rosy Toes rate are very good, and he'll take cash (wink,wink). If it's a fiddly set-up, TO Cycle or Pannon Sports might be the best. If it needs a Suzuki computer, you might be stuck with Snow City (who are probably fine)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Check out 109 Cycle. Peter runs a great shop.
I'll second the recommendation for Peter & 109 Cycle. Small shop, straight up talk, will match prices on tires. Never had any problems with their work. Corner of Warden and Danforth Road, so a short bus ride on either the 69 or 134 to Warden Station.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts