StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys/Gals,

Just wanted to let you know that I started a V-Strom Owners Club of Canada a little over a year ago. We now have over 200 members from coast-to-coast and around the world.

The vast majority of our members are located in Southern Ontario and we generally meet the first Saturday of each month all year long. Some up coming events include; how to do your own valve checks, how to use Garmin Basemaps and when the weather improves we have some great rides planned as well as some over night camping trips.

If you are interested please subscribe to this thread and I will be posting up comming events here, if you are on Facebook, we also have a dedicated Facebook page located at; https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/628769030487644/

Thanks, please message me if you have any questions.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just came across this thread today. I will attempt to get to as many Saturdays as possible, however since I retired 10 yrs ago I seem to be way busier than when I had a full time job! Have tried to join the FB group but don't know if it worked, I didn't seen any indication one way or another after clicking the join group button.

Did a 49 day trip last summer from Oshawa through the northern US, up the BC interior to The Yukon and Alaska and back to the 'Shwa. Had a great time. Don't know how much riding I will get in the summer as I'm volunteering at the PANAM/ParaPAN games.

I will mark the first Saturday of the month on my calendar, I am already committed fro the February date.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just came across this thread today. I will attempt to get to as many Saturdays as possible, however since I retired 10 yrs ago I seem to be way busier than when I had a full time job! Have tried to join the FB group but don't know if it worked, I didn't seen any indication one way or another after clicking the join group button.

Did a 49 day trip last summer from Oshawa through the northern US, up the BC interior to The Yukon and Alaska and back to the 'Shwa. Had a great time. Don't know how much riding I will get in the summer as I'm volunteering at the PANAM/ParaPAN games.

I will mark the first Saturday of the month on my calendar, I am already committed fro the February date.
Great to hear from you Bushman - Your trip sounded fantastic, do you have pictures? Perhapss you wouldn't mind giving our group a bit of a talk sometime?

Message me your name on Facebook and I can check to see if we added you as a member.

Thx

·
Registered
47 Posts
Just went back to the page on FB and clicked the join group button and got a pending status this time, so should be OK.

Lots of pictures, even ones in the HD museum in Milwaukee. Could try and throw something together at some point.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just went back to the page on FB and clicked the join group button and got a pending status this time, so should be OK.

Lots of pictures, even ones in the HD museum in Milwaukee. Could try and throw something together at some point.
That would be great - Thx

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
******:lurk5:******

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts

Something like this?
Me too. Too much info roaming around out there.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Joined the Facebook group, pending approval, Probably can't get to those meetings from here.... maybe a West Coast Chapter is needed?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Joined the Facebook group, pending approval, Probably can't get to those meetings from here.... maybe a West Coast Chapter is needed?
Hi Gryphon51 - we are always looking for members to set up more regional chapters through out the country - are you volunteering :)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jake in Peterborough

Hi - I am a new member and new to posting and have just subscribed to your thread. I have an '02 dl1000 and live in Peterborough ON - looking to possibly join some rides in the future...
Jake

·
Registered
165 Posts
I'm Confused

Ok, does this mean the SW Ontario group is history, and we're going with this link instead? I'm on the Facebook page thingy already, although I don't do much 'facing' :yesnod: Great to keep in touch with any meeting or rides coming up this summer, 2015..... hope it's going to be warm and dry and sunny!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok, does this mean the SW Ontario group is history, and we're going with this link instead? I'm on the Facebook page thingy already, although I don't do much 'facing' :yesnod: Great to keep in touch with any meeting or rides coming up this summer, 2015..... hope it's going to be warm and dry and sunny!
Hi Forest Cop, yes, please use this thread moving forward. I will be posting our monthly events on here as well as the Facebook page. We typically get together the first Saturday of the month.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
im in ! im a little more south than most, but I am sure there are some chances to hook up for some rides. if anyone is interested in some Michigan rides, I have some info on that, although I live in Windsor, I work in Michigan, have ridden there quite a bit

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
im in ! im a little more south than most, but I am sure there are some chances to hook up for some rides. if anyone is interested in some Michigan rides, I have some info on that, although I live in Windsor, I work in Michigan, have ridden there quite a bit
Hi Hollywood081470,

Don't suppose you are familiar with this place are you;
Hell Creek Ranch Campground

I am planning an overnighter for the group in the summer to Hell, Michigan and this looks like a good place to camp.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts