StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all. I'm strongly considering buying an '02 V Strom in excellent condition for what I think is a good price. The odometer reads 13,335 miles. I test rode the bike today and observed that the speedometer and odometer both work.

My question: does the odometer display 5 digits or six digits; in other words, will it show if the bike has crossed the 100k mile threshold?

The bike runs and rides well and I'm interested but I want to be sure about the odometer before cash leaves my hands.

The Strom will be supplementing my Yamaha FZ6, which has 118,000 miles on the odometer. I don't want a second bike with that kind of mileage.

Thanks for your input!

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Greetings all. I'm strongly considering buying an '02 V Strom in excellent condition for what I think is a good price. The odometer reads 13,335 miles. I test rode the bike today and observed that the speedometer and odometer both work.

My question: does the odometer display 5 digits or six digits; in other words, will it show if the bike has crossed the 100k mile threshold?

The bike runs and rides well and I'm interested but I want to be sure about the odometer before cash leaves my hands.

The Strom will be supplementing my Yamaha FZ6, which has 118,000 miles on the odometer. I don't want a second bike with that kind of mileage.

Thanks for your input!
Google is your friend:

http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl1000-2002-2012/235306-350-000-mile-k3-dl1000-mile-writeup.html

So you are good to go. especially if it's in excellent shape. After 100k it would have some battle scares!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! I was assuming it was a six digit odometer, but wanted to be sure.

This will be my first V Strom and I think I've stumbled on a good buy.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts