StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Just wanted you to know that the V-Strom (my 650) is on the cover of MSTA's STAReview magazine and has a full write up on the bike inside (including farkles with plenty of pictures). If you join MSTA and want this issue be sure and ask for issue # Vol.29, No. 3. Go to www.ridemsta.com. Thought you might be interested in that and also wanted you to know that you are all invited to join us in MSTA as we would love to have you. Lots of V-Strom's in our group and quite a few real deal dual sport riders too. Of course we are a sport touring group but sport touring covers a wide range of bikes and riding.

See more about MSTA in the May 2010 issue of Rider Magazine.

Warren Renshaw

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Howdie,

Congrats on your bike's notoriety. I just learned about the MSTA myself:

Last week I took a ride up to the Blue Ridge Parkway near my house for a brown bag lunch at one of my favorite overlooks. On the way back I saw a red V-Strom and a Black Triumph Tiger go past. Thinking my buddy Ed (no internet affiliations) just flew past on his red DL650 I chased them down.

It wasn't Ed, but it was a jovial bloke also named Norm (great anme) on a borrowed 'Strom whose tank was riotously festooned with stickers. After they compliantly found the shoulder, Norm asked if I was with the MSTA. I replied I was not with any law enforcement organization, I just thought Norm was Ed, no problem you're free to go. The owner of the Red 'Strom was the fellow astride the Black Tiger, also personable to a fault, albeit in a somewhat Teutonic way. Seem's Norm's ST1300 had a bad case of bent-ork-itis so he was slowly being seduced by the charms of the Wee.

These gentlemen mentioned that they were headed to Helen on two wheels for some sort of MTSA event and that I was just the sort of raw meat they needed for their entourage. I explained prior commitments and promised to look into the MTSA.

I forgot all about it, until now. I'll look up the article on your bike when I figure out how to navigate the site.

Cheers,

Norm

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there Norm. I also know Norm (the other Norm). Yeah, he writes for STAReview also. Good fellow. Not sure if the strom article is on the MSTA website? It's a full cover front page in the magazine with an accompanying story inside. Hope to see you at the rallies. Helen is always a good one. I had to miss because of work. Our Tri-Star rally in Sparta, NC is coming up Memorial Day weekend. Lot's of other events too, all around the country.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Not sure if the strom article is on the MSTA website? It's a full cover front page in the magazine with an accompanying story inside.
So there is an actual hardcopy magazine available?

Cool.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts