StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
No idea who it is, but there's a good chance that somebody here knows the owner or previous owner and will recognize the location and the bike. Looks to me like both riders were at fault. Strange that he just kept riding. :confused:

·
Registered
470 Posts
I see the problem. They were both riding on incorrect side of the road.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Definitely a bad line on both riders.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Looks like Strom guy target fixated for a second there. Either way hope they linked back up and exchanged info.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That second video is disturbing. This guy does not know how to ride safely and goes wide or over the double yellow line several times. The also reacts weirdly to a tight group of bikes on the other side of the road at a certain point. His narrative is also disturbing... he plays it cool with hard ass lingo like "pouring on the power". It seems he is totally oblivious to his lack of riding ability. Poor skills and does not know it..... bad combination for other on the road around him..

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Does not look like target fixation to me.... just simple stupidity. What in the hell was he doing slowing down like that on a busy "recreational riding" road like that on a curve. The idiot had no one infant of him and no reason to go slow. He was already going
wide and slow as hell before the other biker was an issue. I live on a road like this one (Mulholland Highway). I see riders like this all the time. Big talkers and riding beyond their skill level, all over the road.... they are time bombs just waiting to happen.

You can spot them right away. Riding like their ass is bolted to the seat and they have a broom stick shoved up their spinal column and going to fast. They are so stiff on their bikes that they are just about to go down at every other turn.

They see to think that if your on an "adventure bike" your not supposed to move your weight around......

·
Registered
569 Posts
Although the Wing is close to centre if you watch and pause or play in slow mo you can see the Strom straighten up instead of continuing around curve, if the Wing wasn't there I bet the Strom would have been on wrong side of road trying to make a straight line through that corner.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
Regardless of whose fault it is, what's the deal with just leaving the scene of the accident? In fact, it seems like he starts to accelerate after they make contact. He drives right past two different places on the opposite side of the road where he could have safely pulled off and waited. Maybe he turned back at some point, but it sure doesn't look like it from the available footage. That video makes him look like a douchebag, and not just for his riding ability.

·
Premium Member
4,176 Posts
That is dumb on so many levels. I'm thinking the guy doesn't know how to counter steer, or he is fudging with something on the bike instead of paying attention.

When I go around corners it is always Outside/Inside, so I would be on the inside of that curve, not hugging the outside line.

Looks like a fun road though.

·
Administrator
13,199 Posts
That is dumb on so many levels. I'm thinking the guy doesn't know how to counter steer, or he is fudging with something on the bike instead of paying attention.

When I go around corners it is always Outside/Inside, so I would be on the inside of that curve, not hugging the outside line.

In general you want to be toward the center line on right curves and towards the right side line on left curves as this gives you better sight lines and more chances to react. Of course when you actually do see something coming you want to make sure you leave plenty of space.

(Anyone ever notice that recording riding seems to attract issues?)

..Tom

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
In general

(Anyone ever notice that recording riding seems to attract issues?)

..Tom
I've noticed that most of the guys here who get all gung ho about mounting a video camera and posting their "awesome ride" or "near miss by some a$$hat cager" never post again after the barrage of riding critiques they get from us (mostly deserved).
:new_shitsmiley:

Tip: If you have thin skin, don't post a riding video of yourself. Odds are very high that you will expose your riding deficiencies and you will be swiftly corrected by all of us "experts". :nerd:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Cornering on a two way public road is very different to race track cornering.

Race track (basically):
Wide>tight>wide

Road (basically):
Wide-ish>middle of your lane>tight-ish

The reason for this is to avoid the Head-On zone. The head on zone is a curve sausage shape along the center line in the middle of the curve.

By riding this way the moment rider would be the closest would be when both are vertical on their bikes and have more maneuverability if needed.

·
Registered
4,903 Posts
I've noticed that most of the guys here who get all gung ho about mounting a video camera and posting their "awesome ride" or "near miss by some a$$hat cager" never post again after the barrage of riding critiques they get from us (mostly deserved).
:new_shitsmiley:

Tip: If you have thin skin, don't post a riding video of yourself. Odds are very high that you will expose your riding deficiencies and you will be swiftly corrected by all of us "experts". :nerd:
The "experts" in quotes was a nice touch.

·
Premium Member
3,118 Posts
I'm no VR46, but at least I don't ride like jerk, veering all over the road like that rider in the vid.........riding way over his head on a public street.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts