StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In an attempt to avoid the Royal wedding here in the UK i flew out to Iceland with some friends for a combination of 4x4 off roading and the hire of a
Suzuki V-Strom

The company i used was Biking Viking Motorcycle Tours and altho my rental was not until the Sunday morning the owner Eythor kindly let me have the bike on the Saturday evening so as not to take up any of my time on the Sunday

The Strom was a K7 650 ABS model and altho showing a few battle scars on the crash bars and handguards etc appeared to be very well maintained with two new Avon Distanzia tyres, new chain and obviously a recent oil change looking at the new filter, it was even fitted with a Ram ball mount on the bars and a 12V power outlet so i could fit/power my Garmin GPS

Leaving Biking Viking on the 5km journey back to my hotel it suddenly dawned on me that the light rain was getting thicker and starting to stick...

No worries i'm sure it will have cleared by the morning.......i hope!

As you can see the snow was a little thicker next morning but the roads appeared clear so off i went to explore, hope you enjoy the photo's...

Karl

·
Registered
556 Posts
Wow! Nice photos. Looks like a cool place. I'll add it to my list!

·
Premium Member
3,132 Posts
How cool is that! Literally! Reinforces why the Strom is a great bike from which to see what's out there.

Musta been quite a mind game dealing with the white stuff. I like how the 'impassable road' work crew sign was ignored.....ha! Try that on an R1!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts