StromTrooper banner

41 - 60 of 148 Posts

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I don't know, Norman.......some of those hills in the BRP get mighty steep to be pushing a bike up.......?????
It's still better than sitting at home looking at your pictures of bike week.

·
Registered
85 Posts
question

I'm going to be travelling with a riding partner, as it turns out. He's on a Yamaha Royal Star Venture. Since he's travelling with a Strommer, would he be welcome to join?

S'ok if no, but since this is the first one of these I've been to, I thought it'd be a good idea to ask. :fineprint:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I'm going to be travelling with a riding partner, as it turns out. He's on a Yamaha Royal Star Venture. Since he's travelling with a Strommer, would he be welcome to join?

S'ok if no, but since this is the first one of these I've been to, I thought it'd be a good idea to ask. :fineprint:
It's a free country.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sorry, folks, but as it turns out I won't be able to make it after all. I didn't realize that the weekend in question is a long weekend up here, and I had plans that can't be moved.

Good news is I will be able to come down a week earlier.

I was looking forward to meeting all the other Strommers - maybe next year!

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Looks as if I should be able to make it. I'll be camping

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I'm out. I was gonna, for the first time, come, but I will be at RDV on the other side of the mountains on "Rick's Rendezvouz..." I initially wanted to skip it, but the tragic circumstances doesn't allow it. Rick was killed in motorcycle accident last month.

ADVrider
I met Rick on a couple of occasions, but had never attended the Renedvous. I believe that they are almost always at the same time. I usually miss both.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
camping gear put on order today. I'd really like to make the trip down from DC to meet up with you all. Need to put my time-off request in ASAP.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I plan to attend unless some unforeseen or unplanned emergency prevents it. Since I'm unemployed at the moment I plan to make it up on Thursday.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Is there an offical count on who's attending? Looks like I'll be riding up to Saluda NC from Charleston Wednesday night then heading over to Ironhorse the next morning, if anyone whats to make that ride...

·
Premium Member
3,178 Posts
Unofficial List of Attendees (from previous posts this thread)

JWeldon
TylerSC
Mark444
LesHeight
Traind57.........????
Stromin' Nroman (you KNOW you are coming)
Rick C + 1
NC Hillbilly
C2C4C
Bright Side +1
Appalachian Rider
Twisty Dave
Bobrob531 + 1
T3/T4 Hybrid
CSharp1171
Clovett
Juce Box........?????
Deputy Dawg
Towre2 + 3
ShadowNWPA
Fire Fox + 1
Storyteller.....???
Higear223
Marty
RepoMan
Rambouillet
Rickartberry

I suspect more will be coming but have not responded to this thread?????
Feel free to cut and paste the listing as you see fit........additions or subtractions.

We had Prime Rib Dinner at the Lodge last year on Saturday Night.....:thumbup:
It WILL rain sometime there during the weekend so bring your wet suits.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Attending

4 of us from Virginia are planning to come - 2 on Stroms and 2 on Bandits.

Two of us camping and two staying in a cabin.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I just learned that my band will be playing at Gorges State Park all day on May 19th.

I'm scheming of ways to do both.

Here's a link to the park:

N.C. Division of Parks and Recreation: - Welcome to Gorges State Park

It's in Sapphire Valley near US64 and NC281, a lovely ride from the Iron Horse. Exquisite riding in all directions.

Drop on by, eat some BBQ hear some mediocre music.

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
41 - 60 of 148 Posts