1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When: 16-18 May, 2008

Where: Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge, Stecoah. NC

GPS Coordinates: N35 23.358 W83 40.665

They are holding all rooms & cabins for us until the end of February, so make your own reservations ASAP. Tell them your with the VStrom group. :)

Their web site: http://www.ironhorsenc.com/

I'll try and answer a few common questions:

1. Folks will be arriving mostly on Thursday (15th) & Friday (16th). Most will depart Sunday morning.

2. If camping, no reservations are required. I would ask that you post your intentions in this thread so we can get a fair count for meals.

3. Wifes, girlfriends & kids welcome. Although there isn't a lot for them to do if not riding.

4. All bikes are welcome, even Harley's. :D

5. Most group rides will be on Friday & Saturday.

6. Breakfast & Dinners are served at Ironhorse (good stuff). Lunch your on your own unless prior arrangements are made.

7. Dry county, so bring your own if so inclined. Ice & coolers available for a small fee. Closest available is Bryson City, about 17 miles.

8. Coffee is available around 7AM. Iced Tea & coffee in the evenings after dinner.

9. Kickstands up around 9AM for Friday & Saturday rides.

10. There are other motels & campgrounds in the area if you procrastinate too long.

11. I am not planing any tech sessions, must ride, not work. I will have my Yosh Box with for evening tuning sessions on Thu - Sat.

12. Garry promises no rain for the 2nd year in a row.

Hope to see you all there.

Here are some other accommodations in the area of Ironhorse.

2.1 miles - Kickstand Lodge
6.2 miles - Tuskeegee Motel
8.6 miles - Freeman's Motel
11.2 miles - Nantahala Village
12.5 miles - Microtel
14.8 miles - Cold Springs Country Inn
15.1 miles - Two Wheel inn
16.9 miles - Fontana Village
21.0 miles - Treetops
22.8 miles - Deals Gap
23.7 miles - Tapoco Lodge

2007 Thread: http://11109.rapidforum.com/topic=102473333650

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
I have reservations for Friday and Saturday night.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Can't make the reservation till i break it to my wife that we'll just have to celebrate her birthday the NEXT weekend... Other than the threat of divorce,I'm there dude:cool:
Update: reservation made:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
I’m in, reservations in the bunkhouse and heading up with a couple of yokels on Thu or Fri. They've been before, but it will be my first.

Looking forward to it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sounds like fun. I'm gonna try and make it also.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
Is this the ride with the water crossings in Tellico Plains etc?
That's in Tennessee. This is at the Tail of the Dragon in North Carolina. The Iron Horse is a motel/Campground especially for bikers.

·
Thats not real
104 Posts
Is this the ride with the water crossings in Tellico Plains etc?
Thats a doable ride from Ironhorse,when i was there last year some people that did it, i think.
Me and Sam from Virgina took the gravel fire road that follows the Cherohola Parkway.
Nice ride ,real easy.We only went half way, where it crosses the Parkway we took the pavement back.
Id like to do the Tellico ride.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Count me in....so close its sorta like camping in your own backyard. :mrgreen:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
I'm working on it.

I live close enough I could join in for some day rides.

Me and the Missus might get a cabin, if we can work out some scheduling before they all go. We might even combine this with a houseboat rental, at any rate, I look forward to meeting some of the fine folks I met here and some of the unfine ones, too

She may arrive on her HD or if the conversion is complete by then maybe an SV or if I learn to fart money, an R1200R.

·
Registered
316 Posts
I'll be there! I'll have another rider along with me - but he'll be on a GS.

Take care,
Bob S.

·
Premium Member
485 Posts
Count 2 for sure, Maybe 4

My brother and I will be there. Planning on arriving on Thursday and leaving on Sunday. We might have a Beemer and a Goldwing rider in tow. I am calling today to make reservations for one of the cabins. But count 2 for sure and I will get back to you if the others decide to tag along.

Bright Side :cool:

I have 2 more riders coming with, both Beemers. So that is a total of 4 for sure as of now. Maybe more later

·
Registered
105 Posts
3 Canucks for sure .. maybe 4 or 5

Several of us are coming down from Ontario. Spending a few days riding the Skyline/Blue Ridge parkways on the way down to give us a good start. Camping when we get there.

If any other Canadians are riding down and want to hook up we are leaving the Kingston ON area around mid-week.

We (pilgrim, Neumann and 568V8) haven't worked out all the details yet but 'the more stroms the better'.

pilgrim

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Several of us are coming down from Ontario. Spending a few days riding the Skyline/Blue Ridge parkways on the way down to give us a good start. Camping when we get there.

If any other Canadians are riding down and want to hook up we are leaving the Kingston ON area around mid-week.

We (pilgrim, Neumann and 568V8) haven't worked out all the details yet but 'the more stroms the better'.

pilgrim
Awesome ...so glad the Canadian's are coming:cool:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Seems I remember there was an entry fee for those from the GWN.: Something like Maple syrup. Lots of it. For breakfast you know.. The folks at Ironhorse serve up a pretty mean stack of 'cakes afterall..:mrgreen:

And you can take back some Yeungling to fill the empty spot in your luggage..!

·
Registered
71 Posts
They sell Yeungling south of the Mason-Dixon line?
It'll be like being home, sippin on some Black&Tan's
Don

·
Registered
16 Posts
May have to try to get there. I've not been to a street rally before, other than a dual-sport rally on my DRZ. Are there organized rides at this one?

1 - 20 of 170 Posts