StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When: 12-15 May, 2011

Where: Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge, Stecoah, NC.

GPS Coordinates: N35 23.358 W83 40.665

They are holding all rooms & cabins for us until the end of February, so make your own reservations ASAP (Phone: 828-479-3864). Tell them your with the VStrom group.

Their web site: Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge near Deals Gap and Cherohala Skyway

I'll try and answer a few common questions:

1. Folks will be arriving mostly on Thursday (12th) & Friday (13th). Most will depart Sunday morning.

2. If camping, no reservations are required. I would ask that you post your intentions in this thread so we can get a fair count for meals.

3. Wifes, girlfriends & kids welcome. Although there isn't a lot for them to do if not riding.

Great Smokey Montain Railroad
City of Cherokee

4. All bikes are welcome, even Harley's & Beemer's. ;)

5. Most group rides will be on Friday & Saturday. Keep checking the end of this post for GPS routes. Some route maps will be available at the lodge.

6. Breakfast & Dinners are served at Ironhorse (good stuff). Lunch your on your own unless prior arrangements are made.

7. Dry county, so bring your own if so inclined. Ice & coolers available for a small fee. Closest available is Bryson City, about 17 miles.

8. Coffee is available around 7AM. Iced Tea & coffee in the evenings after dinner.

9. Kickstands up around 9AM for Friday & Saturday rides. Ride meeting Thursday & Friday nights around 8:30.

10. There are other motels & campgrounds in the area if you procrastinate too long.

11. I am not planing any tech sessions. But I will have my Yosh or Teka Box with for evening tuning sessions on Thu - Sat.

12. There will be rain. ;)

Hope to see you all there.

Here are some other accommodations in the area of Ironhorse.

2.1 miles - Kickstand Lodge
6.2 miles - Tuskeegee Motel
8.6 miles - Freeman's Motel
11.2 miles - Nantahala Village
12.5 miles - Microtel
14.8 miles - Cold Springs Country Inn
15.1 miles - Two Wheel inn
16.9 miles - Fontana Village
18.5 miles - Blue Waters Mountain Lodge
21.0 miles - Treetops
22.8 miles - Deals Gap
23.7 miles - Tapoco Lodge

For some route info around this area see the bottom of this post: V-Strom Get-Together East IX

·
Premium Member
412 Posts
I just started a new job in Sep. So I'm not totally sure what my vacation time will look like. But I'm going to try to be there.:thumbup: Camping more than likley.

See you all there.

·
Registered
776 Posts
As always, this is a good time, and if life does not get in the way, I hope to make it, maybe on a different bike this year...maybe

Hope to see you all there,

clem

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
I hope to make it, maybe on a different bike this year...maybe
Maybe...although I'm suspicious neither one of us will have that new bike by the time this event rolls around. But I'm happy to be proven wrong.

I have not booked a room yet, but I believe I will be going again this year. Just not positive what bike I'll be riding.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Maybe...although I'm suspicious neither one of us will have that new bike by the time this event rolls around. But I'm happy to be proven wrong.

I have not booked a room yet, but I believe I will be going again this year. Just not positive what bike I'll be riding.
I will be on a low budget this year, so camping is in order, no reservation needed. Good thing the 650 runs so good. I don't really want to part with it.

Clem

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Gonna try to make it as always, on yet another bike as well.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Barring life-shifting events like the last couple of years, I'll be there.

·
Registered
1,820 Posts

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts

·
Premium Member
100 Posts
Back on the road for a year now and itching for some time with some people who share my passion. On this cold winters night with the wind howling and the snow drifting I say YES. I just hope the demands of life dont get in the way. I should just make a reservation at that Ironhorse place and commit to it!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just pulled the trigger

I have wrestling over whether to purchase a Power Commander III. I'm not an execeptionally aggressive or fast rider (lost my license too many times so I've learned my lesson):yikes:. But after reading everyone's rave reviews of what a difference a Power Commander makes, I've succomb to the pressure and just ordered one from tobefast.com for a nice low price of $265 :)
I hope one of you knowledgeable StormTroppers can lend me a hand and maybe help installing it and figuring out the right map for me at the Get-Together?:confused:

1 - 20 of 171 Posts