StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would like to get a show of hands (ahhh.....fingers??) of who would be interested in entering a "Slow Speed Race" Competition at the V-Strom Gathering East this year?? We started this event in 2012 and had a dozen entries....male/female/a mix of bikes. It was fun, and competitive.....the Overall Winner got a $20 bill and bragging rites as being "The Slowest V-Strom Rider in NC".......:biggrinjester:
Last year we had half the number of entries......the course was more "challenging"....and the 2012 Winner (NC HillBilly) was not there to defend his "crown". "Turtle" (David) won the Men's Class......"Trooperette", the Ladies Class.......each received an award. We have held the event on Saturday evening starting around 5:30PM, and concluded prior to Supper being served at the Horse around 7PM. With enough entries, we may re-think and hold the event Friday evening......starting around 5PM or so?? (see past Rally Threads for Pics of what we did in 2012/2013)

With 80 or so 'Strommers attending this year, I would think there would be enough testosterone flowing for alittle competition/bragging rites?? Seriously, this is a fun event held in front of the Lodge........with the course only being approximately 60'-75' in length, the times are under a minute, so multiple runs by each competitor are accomplished. Open for all bikes to compete (excluding trikes, and bikes w/training wheels), both genders, and even non-strom Rally attendees. Many folks "think" they can ride a bike FAST........but how good are you riding it SLOW?? If we have enough sign-ups this year, I promise the awards will be worth your while.....:mrgreen:
Also: first one to sign-up gets a FREE BEER from me ......to be gulped down 20 minutes prior to the start of the race.

If you would like to enter, please post your board name below........by copying and pasting (not "Quote") just the List only (leave my upper paragraphs off).

V-Strom Gathering East Slow Speed Race Entries..........

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Mark , perhaps no one has responded because you failed to mention what beer you were offering. Will it be PBR , Hamms , or Milwaukee's Best? Come on man , stop holding out!:mrgreen:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Would like to get a show of hands (ahhh.....fingers??) of who would be interested in entering a "Slow Speed Race" Competition at the V-Strom Gathering East this year?? We started this event in 2012 and had a dozen entries....male/female/a mix of bikes. It was fun, and competitive.....the Overall Winner got a $20 bill and bragging rites as being "The Slowest V-Strom Rider in NC".......
Last year we had half the number of entries......the course was more "challenging"....and the 2012 Winner (NC HillBilly) was not there to defend his "crown". "Turtle" (David) won the Men's Class......"Trooperette", the Ladies Class.......each received an award. We have held the event on Saturday evening starting around 5:30PM, and concluded prior to Supper being served at the Horse around 7PM. With enough entries, we may re-think and hold the event Friday evening......starting around 5PM or so?? (see past Rally Threads for Pics of what we did in 2012/2013)

With 80 or so 'Strommers attending this year, I would think there would be enough testosterone flowing for alittle competition/bragging rites?? Seriously, this is a fun event held in front of the Lodge........with the course only being approximately 60'-75' in length, the times are under a minute, so multiple runs by each competitor are accomplished. Open for all bikes to compete (excluding trikes, and bikes w/training wheels), both genders, and even non-strom Rally attendees. Many folks "think" they can ride a bike FAST........but how good are you riding it SLOW?? If we have enough sign-ups this year, I promise the awards will be worth your while.....
Also: first one to sign-up gets a FREE BEER from me ......to be gulped down 20 minutes prior to the start of the race.

If you would like to enter, please post your board name below........by copying and pasting (not "Quote") just the List only (leave my upper paragraphs off).

1.Hillbillybmr
2014 Vstrom East Gathering......http://www.stromtrooper.com/events/1...18-2014-a.html ...or here..... 2014 Eastern V-Strom Gathering - Home

·
Registered
263 Posts
What the heck, I don't mind embarrassing myself in front of strangers. Will there be someone there to pick the bike up off my leg?

1.Hillbillybmr
2.WEE4ME

·
Registered
253 Posts

1.Hillbillybmr
2.WEE4ME
3.Twistedthrottle (Kevin) - Plus, a $50 Twisted Throttle Gift Card for a dozen (or more)entries

·
Read Only
28 Posts

1.Hillbillybmr
2.WEE4ME
3.Twistedthrottle (Kevin) - Plus, a $50 Twisted Throttle Gift Card for a dozen (or more)entries
4. Tibor V

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

1. Hillbillybmr + 1 beer
2. WEE4ME
3. Twistedthrottle (Kevin) - Plus, a $50 Twisted Throttle Gift Card for a dozen (or more)entries
4. Tibor V
5. mark444

·
Registered
19 Posts

1. Hillbillybmr + 1 beer
2. WEE4ME
3. Twistedthrottle (Kevin) - Plus, a $50 Twisted Throttle Gift Card for a dozen (or more)entries
4. Tibor V
5. mark444
6.Jack4245
7.Trooperette

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jack/M.........I'm suprised you haven't taught "that dog" how to ride a vstrom by itself.......darn thing can do just about everything else!!!!! Thankyou Two (three??) for stepping up and entering the race......always good to see you guys at Da Horse!!! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
And then there were 8.
Riding slow can be tricky, but what the heck; add another crazy canuck to the list... eh...

1. Hillbillybmr + 1 beer
2. WEE4ME
4. Tibor V
5. mark444
6.Jack4245
7.Trooperette
8.RickTor

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I'd do it but with 100,000 miles on the bike, I'll probably need a clutch sponsor.

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd do it but with 100,000 miles on the bike, I'll probably need a clutch sponsor.
Norm........you don't even have to have the engine on, I'll push you. All you need is alittle "Brake Magic"......I'll even make engine noises for you (over-reving, clutch slipping, gear clunking)......:biggrinjester:

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Slow Race............

OK..........I'm calling out all "you REAL strommers" to step forward and show us what you got..........:argue:
We need at least 4 more names to add to the Slow Speed Race List to make it worthwhile holding. We had 2-3 Gals compete in 2012 on Cruiser bikes just to show the Guys that they don't take to back-seat riding all the time!! This is a harmless, slow, balance-oriented event that makes watching worthwhile, just to pick up some riding pointers (NCHillBilly won in 2012 by standing on the pegs the whole course..........Hmmmmm). The event will be held about 1 hour prior to Suppertime on Saturday in front of the Iron Horse Lodge........awards/prizes will be awarded to the Overall Male & Female Winners!!!! :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
And then there were 9.

Against my better judgment, I will play ......... :mrgreen:

1. Hillbillybmr + 1 beer
2. WEE4ME
4. Tibor V
5. mark444
6.Jack4245
7.Trooperette
8.RickTor
9.Stalky Tracker

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Maybe alittle competition to see which bike is more balanced: a Wee, or a Vee..........:argue:
Come on strommers, over 100 folks have signed up to attend and we can't get 12 names on the SS Race List?? :headbang:
In addition to the Twisted Throttle certificate, I'll up the ante and throw in a set of ROK Straps + a pair of SOKz Moto-Socks to the 2nd Place Finisher assuming we get 12 folks signed up........!!! :yesnod:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts