Strom Trooper banner

1 - 20 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Twelfth Annual V-Strom Gathering East is scheduled for May 14-17 2015, held at the Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge in Stecoah, NC.

The Ironhorse will hold all of the rooms and cabins for our event until January 15th, so make your reservations ASAP (phone 828-479-3864). Tell them you are with the V-Strom group.

For those not familiar with the Ironhorse Motorcycle Lodge; it offers private rooms, semi-private rooms, bunkhouses, cabins, RV hook ups, and tent camping sites. All sleeping areas are within 200 feet of the lodge. The lodge is equipped with a massive projection TV, dining area, game area, a theater room, tons of maps of the area, a computer, free internet, a gift shop/store, a huge back porch with rocking chairs, a fire pit, and very nice showers and restrooms. Breakfast and dinner are served on site. Everything there is FIRST CLASS!

A few other things...

Tent campers do not need to make reservations.

If you make reservations or plan to tent camp, please post in this thread for planning purposes.

The Ironhorse is in a dry county so bring your own, if you are so inclined.

Folks will arrive Thursday (14th) and Friday (15th). Most head home Sunday morning.

Most group rides will be Friday and Saturday.

All bikes are welcome.

http://www.ironhorsenc.com/index.html

Hope to see you there!
Todd

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All - Rooms are being held for our group until Thursday January 15th so act now!!!

Here is the Ironhorse Reservation Policy:

To reserve your room, cabin, or bunkhouse contact the Ironhorse at 828-479-3864 or by email ([email protected]).
-60 days prior to arrival you will be charged a one night deposit
-60 to 31 days prior to arrival, cancellation will result in your deposit returned less $20
-30 days prior to arrival, cancellation will result in forfeiting your deposit

As you can see, you can book now and have plenty of time to make your final decision.

The Ironhorse WILL fill up, and quickly once our "hold" is released. So make your reservation early this week!

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
My apologies for the late notice on the Rally.......2015 "slipped up" on me and I should have posted it sooner. Kudos to FireFox for posting the Rally info. We had approximately 110 or so strommers "sign-up" last year with about 85 actually making it to the Rally......probably the largest turn-out yet!! Weather could have been better last year, but not the diverse groups of riders and bikes........some "farkled" to the hilt!! And Richland Rick brought his brand new 2014 Vee 1000 for everyone to drool on.......

This is "your" Rally.........it either "makes it" or "breaks it" depending on the attendance. Call Da'Horse early this week and make a reservation.....even if you must pull-out from attending later......you won't have a problem selling your room/cabin with > 75 folks attending.

Details on the 2015 Rally will be forthcoming in the next few months!!!

mark444

·
Premium Member
4,044 Posts
Thanks Todd and Mark.

I am in. Reservations made.

If it's half as good as last year it will be a great gathering, though I could do without the snow this year. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I await the sign-in thread.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,084 Posts
In. Reservation made.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Wouldn't miss it!
Reservation made.
Going to leave the tent at home this year and enjoy a cabin room.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I coincidentally was there last year on my Honda PCX (it was before I bought the Strom). I talked to a few of you guys, I was the one with the white dog that rode with me. She'll be with me again this year.

If it's not rainy, I'll roll in Friday night late (probably around 9pm), ride Saturday, and be riding home Saturday night after all the riding's done.

·
phatguy in Cbus
182 Posts
I'm in for the first time. Bringing wife, staying at 2-Wheel Inn, Robbinsville. Arriving Thursday PM so we get an additional day of riding. Looking forward to riding the Cherohala Skyway for first time Friday. Will swing by the Iron Horse Friday PM to meet other riders and hook up with a riding group for Saturday. It's well below freezing here in Cbus. Looking forward to spring thaw.
Regards

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
Glad you are coming phatguy........and other posters above as well. Firefox and I are working on the Rally Details and will be posting as soon as possible..........along with a Sign-In Sheet here (the Sign-In sheet will ask for more info this year......where from, staying where, tent or cabin, etc......to better give the Iron Horse an idea on how much food they need to order to feed us, etc, etc).
Phat.....swing by Rally Central (the Iron Horse) early Friday AM (before 9AM) if possible, to meet/greet other members here. Most riders are gone after 9AM.......out riding the hills of Tenn, NC, and don't return until after 3PM or so. Supper is served Thursday/Friday/Saturday nights at the Lodge, but you must fill out a menu beforehand (or, at least inform) with the IH Office. Breakfast also served those days + Sunday. Rally "festivities" start just prior to Suppertime each night.......so, you want to be there for Door Prizes, Tech Talks, etc....even if you are staying elsewhere.

Stay tuned for more info soon......:fineprint:

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
NOTE: today is the last day to Reserve a cabin or bed in the Bunkhouses before the Iron Horse allows non-strommers to come in and reserve space. If you are "on the fence", reserve one anyway......should be no problem handing it off to another Strommer the closer the Rally gets. :fineprint:

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,084 Posts
NOTE: today is the last day to Reserve a cabin or bed in the Bunkhouses before the Iron Horse allows non-strommers to come in and reserve space. If you are "on the fence", reserve one anyway......should be no problem handing it off to another Strommer the closer the Rally gets. :fineprint:
Yes, reserve one anyway. There were folks almost begging for a room or to share a room right before the rally last year. The semi-private cabins are probably still available and are especially nice if someone you know comes with you. Bunkhouse is actually quite nice also. One of the nicest places I have seen for tent camping. The bathhouse is clean and kept that way so don't fret if that is keeping you from coming or you cannot get a room with a bathroom attached. They even have some RV spots.

This rally is really turning into something way above average. Thanks to those that do the hard work managing it! The venue is almost perfect and the owners want you to enjoy your stay and they work to make it a better experience than you expect it might be. It is getting the attention of some Corporate sponsors as well. Twisted Throttle was there last year with a nice presentation and most excellent free gifts and door prizes. Adventure tech and some others there as well. I will be putting on the V Strom clutch basket tech presentation and hope to add to that this year.

This sort of starts the good riding season for most. Consider making plans to stop in and see the faces that write stuff on the forums!

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
From Charlene, co-owner of the IH Lodge..........(as of 9:30AM CST today):

We still have 4 semi private rooms available. I will be releasing those tomorrow. I have several people ( not Vstromers) on a wait list for rooms. So if there are any Vstromers that want a room I need to know today.
Thanks
Charlene

Get em (beds) while they are "cold"...........:mrgreen:

·
Registered
248 Posts
Don't miss this great get-together!!!:thumbup:

Maybe there will still be a room available if you hurry and sign up.

Last year was my first gathering and I don't want to miss it. Lets see this year's be the biggest ever.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I'll be there tenting it again

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
I'm probably gonna get down there a few days early and do some tenting, but for the rally, got a nice room reserved.
Weather permitting, may head down to Barbers Museum after the rally.

1 - 20 of 137 Posts