StromTrooper banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does the V-strom 650 have a lower fairing that you can put on it?

Also, I don't like the look of the upper fairing, can it be changed to look more lke the SV650 or some more sporty bike?

·
Premium Member
1,458 Posts
does the V-strom 650 have a lower fairing that you can put on it?

Also, I don't like the look of the upper fairing, can it be changed to look more lke the SV650 or some more sporty bike?
There is a lower fairing available. I can't find the link right now but it's been discussed on this site more than once.

Not meening to sound rude, but if you don't like the look of the fairing why would you consider buying a Vstrom? The reason many of us bought the Vstrom is because of the way it looks.You either love it or hate it. Maybe the SV650 is your best bet.

SS

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
There is a lower fairing available. I can't find the link right now but it's been discussed on this site more than once.

Not meening to sound rude, but if you don't like the look of the fairing why would you consider buying a Vstrom? The reason many of us bought the Vstrom is because of the way it looks.You either love it or hate it. Maybe the SV650 is your best bet.

SS
Riding position. I want an upright posture. Cruiser style is rough on lower back, hunched over on a sportbike is hard on the groin. Seated in an upright, neutral position is comfy and nice. I am hunting for bikes that have that position. I tried a GSX-650F and a SV650S (they didn't have the naked to try) and a FZ6. Of those, the FZ6 was the comfiest. If I could put risers on it and move the pegs down and forward, it would be great. Same for the GSX-650F. When I try the SV650 naked then I will know how that fits.

edit:
I just found some pics of the bike with a lower fairing. This helps the look immensely. I still don't like the design of the headlight/shield, but that becomes WAY more minor with the lower fairing. I NEED to find one to try.

·
Registered
578 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Riding position. I want an upright posture. Cruiser
I still don't like the design of the headlight/shield...
The Strom does look like a giant, surprised bug (my wife's words when she first saw it.) But the headlight are about the best motorcycle headlight out there. It throws a ton of light down the road, and it's huge, making you more visable at night. The non-circular shape probably makes it easier for other drivers to gauge your approach, unlike a round headlight.

Me, I like how goofy the bike looks. Kind of a subtle F-U to all the inline-4 sportbike and Harley riders... and the pretentious BMW crowd who spent twice as much as I did!

·
Administrator
16,811 Posts
"Hey......is that a new BMW", says the person at the gas station.:p

·
Registered
414 Posts
"Hey......is that a new BMW", says the person at the gas station.:p
I had a guy on a Busa pull up next to me at a stop light and say he thought the bike was a BMW from behind.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Man, I LOVE that deep, wine-colored red! I wish that had been available in the US! The shade of red that we got is brighter, sort of a brick red.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Does anyone with a fairing have a picture looking at the front of the bike, just curious to what the looks like. The fairing from the side with the blacked out exhaust is wicked.

Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does anyone with a fairing have a picture looking at the front of the bike, just curious to what the looks like. The fairing from the side with the blacked out exhaust is wicked.

Thanks for posting!
Here's mine. I didn't know until this morning who made the lower fairing. I just knew that I liked it.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I know this is an old thread,but does anyone know if JMV is still in business? I would like to put one of their lower fairings on my Wee over the winter and have not received a reply to the numerous emails that I have sent them.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hey thanks for posting a pic of the strom without the side panels, I was going to ask what it looked like with just the headlight/windshield section. And as to one other guys comment,, as to why buy if you dont like the looks,,,, DUHHHHH the seating position , the engine attributes , the ground clearance, these are what is attracting me ,, the plastic body panels, well OK,, but it's an accessory and can be replaced ,, or left off , personally I'm thinking of going with the naked look with crash bars and possibly leg shields to keep the muck off my shins. 3 months till the snow melts here, possibly two to gettin my strom

·
Registered
60 Posts
I think they look good. Other than looking good , do they provide much protection from the rain and cold ? They seem too narrow to provide much protection. Looks like more of an engine cover.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts