StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do they make an "easy' clutch for the v-strom? I had one installed on my Harley and really like it. Would like to do the same for the VStrom if it is possible.......

Also, anyone with information in the Massachusetts area for a capable mechanic, I would appreciate the info.

Thanks

Joyous

·
Registered
175 Posts
On Harley's, particulary a few years back,
the cluch action was heavier than most
hence the kits that even HD offered. Stroms,
on the other hand, have fairly light clutchs
so I would be surprised if a similar kit exists.

·
Premium Member
2,987 Posts
Do they make an "easy' clutch for the v-strom? I had one installed on my Harley and really like it. Would like to do the same for the VStrom if it is possible.......

Also, anyone with information in the Massachusetts area for a capable mechanic, I would appreciate the info.

Thanks

Joyous
Never seen one, but there are dirt bike perch/lever setups that have variable leverage ratios. I'm sure one could be made to work very easily.
I've got to wonder why though, the Stroms, particularly the 650, have very light clutch pulls. My left hand was badly damaged in a racing crash a few years back and I have no problem with the Stroms clutch.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well, the DL650 I rode recently had a difficult clutch...my hand hurt after a couple of hours.....granted I spent a little time on little streets in stop and go traffic. Perhaps the bike that I have purchased will not have the same difficult pull. I will be going to Florida in the next couple of weeks to pick it up!! YEAH!! My harley easy clutch may have spoiled me though.
Is there a way to adjust it?

Joyous

·
Registered
158 Posts
The 650 does have a light pull but several owners, including me, have griped about the effort required for the big strom. I have a solution if anyone is interested....takes less than 10 minutes and doesn't cost anything.

·
Administrator
17,508 Posts
Wow...I don't feel that the liter Strom has a stiff clutch pull at all.:confused: And as far as the difference between the 650 and 1000 clutch goes....one is cable actuated and the other is hydraulic. Harleys and allot of metric cruisers have STIFF clutches!!!!

·
Registered
175 Posts
I think that may be a problem with that particular bike,
not the breed itself. Easy to find out tho: you don't need to be riding to check it, go to a few dealers and see if you get a similar feel on their new 1,000's. My guess is that you came across a bike in need of cable lube.........

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Strom cables should not be lubed. They have teflon coated cables. Lubricants will just attract dust and may even attack the coating.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Strom cables should not be lubed. They have teflon coated cables. Lubricants will just attract dust and may even attack the coating.
that's a first, I've never had a bike that didn't need to have the cables lubed.
Then again, I've only got 4,000 miles on this thing in the 3 mths I've had it so it's not come up. Clearly tho, if the pull is making you feel you need a kit,
I think there must be something up with the mechanics of the action. The wee anyway is one of the lightest clutches I've ever used and I've owned a good many bikes over the years.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
This thread doesn't compute for me. I've owned a couple of Harleys with the new, improved clutch ramp and the clutch pull on my DL650K7 is just as light and smooth as either of them.:confused:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well this is good news then......hopefully my bike will be just as sweet. :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
When I purchased my DL1000 at the dealer, there were two new ones. One had an easy clutch pull, the other very diffucult. Salesperson just shrugged his shoulders.

Try compaing yours, to some on a dealership floor, and determine if your clutch pull equals whats being sold.

·
Registered
88 Posts
When I first got my liter Strom I thought the clutch pull was pretty heavy. In a year in a half I have gotten quite used to it. I am also finding that I have much fewer problems with poping champagne corks (and other tasks requiring hand strength) :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
lol....well, this is really good news then.....I always want to be able to pop a good cork!! :) lol

Joyous

1 - 16 of 16 Posts