StromTrooper banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Hey Glenn.....dang!....jus dang!

But heres a bright spot.... There has been a full 3pc set of Kappa luggage for the yellow 03 model listed on ebay for quite a while now. Its at a shop in St Louis & sez local pick up only ..xclnt cond w/racks ..keys.. & hdw for $611
This is the ebay listing # 283730204150
Hope this helps....Rod

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk
Hey, thanks Mr2Mch01! That would be awesome. I really hope that is still available when the insurance guys have been for a look. I really think she is straight apart from the right footpeg mount and that is hopefuly just a bolt on repair (no collateral damage).

Cheers,
Glenn

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Hope your recovery is fast and without issues. Did they catch the person that hit you?
Thanks hoggdoc. Yeah, the driver of the other car stayed there and called the ambulance for me. Yes, that is more rare these days.

Glenn

Reactions: WildDoktor

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hey, thanks Mr2Mch01! That would be awesome. I really hope that is still available when the insurance guys have been for a look. I really think she is straight apart from the right footpeg mount and that is hopefuly just a bolt on repair (no collateral damage).

Cheers,
Glenn
My dollar sez they want to total it...due to age & parts cost...especially the luggage

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
304 Posts
Well folks, I haven't been around for a few days. Last Saturday I got either broadsided or T-Boned on the left side. As near as I can tell the car's front bumper or right side of it hit my left leg between my boot and my knee. It is broken - fibula top and bottom and tibia on the bottom. My foot was just hanging. I had to wait 2 days for surgery. They put a rod in my tibia from the top and screwed top and bottom and a plate screwed onto the bottom of my fibula. It's going to take a long time to recover - several months anyway.

The bike slid on the right side. At some point the right saddlebag came off (original Suzuki/Kappa). It's colour pamel and clear reflector are off and it won't close. The trunk is pretty scraped up on the right side. The slide ended with me and the bike going up over a 7-8 inch high concrete curb and stopping on the center island. That took off the right frame slider. The right side of the WindStrom windshield is broken off (bottom to top), the side of the fairing and dash filler panels are scraped up, the bar end weights are scraped and bent down on both sides, the right foot peg is bent down, the brake pedal seems like it is scraped on the end but not broken, the right passenger peg was folded and is ground down at the bracket, the new driving light on the front right is broken off and the right rear pit stand spool is gone. Someone told me the stand is bent (must be the center stand).

When I was on the ground I could only see the left side of the bike. It was laying there for probably an hour and nothing leaked out, so that is promising. My wife took pictures of the right side for me today. That's how I can describe what I have. It is in my garage, but I can't get to the garage to see it in person for at least a few weeks.

My RPHA Max modular helmet stayed closed and functioned normally when I opened it and removed it. It is scraped on the right side just behind the chin bar below the hinge. If it was a half shell helmet I would be considerably uglier today. I haven't seen my gloves (Joe Rocket mesh), but they stayed on and looked fine when I took them off. There must be some scuffs, but I don't know yet. My Triumph branded mesh jacket has no damage other than some scraped mesh on one side of the chest. My new Forma Adventure Low boots are also undamaged. They are heavy when your foot is detached from your leg, though. Apart from my badly fucked up leg, I don't have a mark on me.

I've been riding for 40 years and this is my first incident of any kind. It was a good run and I hope I get another 40 years without another crash.

Glenn

Yeah,that's some bullshit bro. Bikes are paid by the insurance but I hate that about your leg. I've wrecked a few times myself but with little to no damage to myself.

Again, sorry this happened :(

41 - 44 of 44 Posts