StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get decals for my black '05 DL1000, the "V-Strom" (tank) ones; the bike I bought doesn't have them on. Question: what are the differences between the decals for the black vs. blue bike (they are different part #s)? And are the ones for the silver bike black in color or a greyish? I can order any of the above, but I may want to vary the shade. I have checked various photo sites, but the differences don't really show themselves.

JOE in WI

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
There are four part numbers for K4 and K5 model emblems. I'd guess two colors per year but the fiche doesn't specify color or year.

68681-27G00-HT8
68681-27G00-AML
68681-27G00-AMV
68681-27G00-BKS

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More specifically....

If one lined up a black, blue and silver V'Strom, what color differences would your eye pick up in the decal color?

JOE

·
Registered
216 Posts
I want to get decals for my black '05 DL1000, the "V-Strom" (tank) ones; the bike I bought doesn't have them on. Question: what are the differences between the decals for the black vs. blue bike (they are different part #s)? And are the ones for the silver bike black in color or a greyish? I can order any of the above, but I may want to vary the shade. I have checked various photo sites, but the differences don't really show themselves.

JOE in WI
That is funny. Most people scream cuz they can't get them off.:mrgreen:

·
38,048 Posts
If the stickers are like those on my 650s, the body color is included in the background of the lettering.

·
Registered
63 Posts
If the fiche you're looking at has enough detail, you should be able to go to an expanded reference area and you will find a guide that will say something to the effect of "y7h=y3l." With that, you look at the last three digits of the decal part number in question (y7h) and find the color V-Strom you're looking for (y3l+blue) Now you know how to match the decal color to the paint color. These were just random numbers, refer to the fiche for the proper parts. Your local dealer should be able to break this WWII caliber code for you if you can't through your online source. Good luck.

·
38,048 Posts
The color codes are at http://11109.rapidforum.com/topic=103975716994
Plugging in the part numbers at Ron Ayers' site did not provide colors. The codes and colors are given for the cowl sides themselves, but not the stickers. Somebody who has taken the decals off and remembers how they looked could vouch for transparency. Looking at the sticker on the bike won't work. The color was a perfect match on my 650s.

·
Clever Title
515 Posts
The tank decals are *not* transparent.

I would suggest that it would be easier, and maybe cheaper, to have someone *paint* the emblem on, instead of getting a decal.

·
Clever Title
515 Posts
Well, I was talking about whether or not the stock decals were transparent, or color-coded. You've obviously got the invisible ones, and boy, do they look sharp! how much did you pay for them??

1 - 14 of 14 Posts