StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had a dealer quote $6499 plus $800 (freight and prep.....profit) plus TTL.

Not sure what 2012s are going for but at least this is $1500 below msrp for a 2011.

To you guys with experience does this seem like a decent price? I don't know how much better the 2012s are - I don't think they are discounting them at all right now.

·
Registered
618 Posts
That is a great price! I paid 8045 tax tag title for mine. From what people have postes on the site it looks like I had best price on it so far. List was 7550. I would jump on that deal in a heart beat!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
118 Posts
I just had a dealer quote $6499 plus $800 (freight and prep.....profit) plus TTL.

Not sure what 2012s are going for but at least this is $1500 below msrp for a 2011.

To you guys with experience does this seem like a decent price? I don't know how much better the 2012s are - I don't think they are discounting them at all right now.
If I were looking at any non-2012 DL650, I'd only be looking at a used bike not new old stock. You're getting a price of $7299 plus TTL which will put you pretty close to what some folks have been getting on 2012's OTD. If your local TTL gets you to a point when you're $500 spitting distance to a 2012...take the 0% APR and get the 2012. It's a better bike by all accounts...not a hugely better bike, but an evolutionary refinement that will continue to have growing support in the aftermarket.

This is just my opinion, but if I were you, I wouldn't pay freight + prep on old stock of anything.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good Advice

If I were looking at any non-2012 DL650, I'd only be looking at a used bike not new old stock. You're getting a price of $7299 plus TTL which will put you pretty close to what some folks have been getting on 2012's OTD. If your local TTL gets you to a point when you're $500 spitting distance to a 2012...take the 0% APR and get the 2012. It's a better bike by all accounts...not a hugely better bike, but an evolutionary refinement that will continue to have growing support in the aftermarket.

This is just my opinion, but if I were you, I wouldn't pay freight + prep on old stock of anything.
I think that makes good sense, especially regarding the evolutionary refinement. Thanks!

·
Registered
618 Posts
haha im sorry I didnt even realize it was a 2011... im an idiot ignore me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
88 Posts

Thats only 250 dollars less than I could have gotten a 2012 standard for.

Seems a bit high for what will be an almost 2 model year old bike and an old version the second you leave the lot.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I had a local dealer quote $7,700 for a 2012 but they didn't want my Connie as a trade in. That's $400 difference from the 2011 you mention. For that small difference I'd go with the newer 2012 version. I was in the same boat, a new 2011 or a new 2012. The 2012 rides much nicer IMO.

The 2011 will be worth less as soon as your ride it off the lot as well.

·
Registered
281 Posts
2011 650 Wee abs white....

Has been sitting at a dealer here in Shelby, NC for a long time.....brandy new. The oil cooler sticks out on the front of it like a %£¥ in a punch bowl.

I think they are going to bronze it and use it as a door stop. They meaning the 11's ARE NOT moving since the 2012 model came out. Raffle?

·
Registered
97 Posts
For that I'd go for the 2012 Wee unless your heart is truly set on the 11' model.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts