StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is an odd request but if someone can help me out I would really appreciate it. I would like to know the diameter of the stock engine guards aka crash bars to the closest millimeter. I want to mount highway pegs and the brackets come in sizes 22mm, 25mm and 27mm sizes and I prefer to order them and have them on hand BEFORE picking my bike up next week. Since there is no bike near me I cannot really do this until I get my bike unless someone here has calipers and can check for me.

This isn't mission critical but I thought I would ask.

NC

·
Registered
54 Posts
This is an odd request but if someone can help me out I would really appreciate it. I would like to know the diameter of the stock engine guards aka crash bars to the closest millimeter. I want to mount highway pegs and the brackets come in sizes 22mm, 25mm and 27mm sizes and I prefer to order them and have them on hand BEFORE picking my bike up next week. Since there is no bike near me I cannot really do this until I get my bike unless someone here has calipers and can check for me.

NC
If you're talking about the OEM lower "accessory bar", pretty sure that's 7/8" OD tube based on recollection from last November that the GPS rack tubing and "accessory bar" were identical diameter. Not near enough to my tools & calipers to go verify though.

In which case, the 22mm should get you where you need to be.

·
Registered
269 Posts

NC

·
Administrator
14,151 Posts
Its not simple

The main tubes appear to be one inch, the little "ears " that stick out look like 6/8" and the crossbar that goes across below the filter looks like 3/4.

Sorry I don't have a proper measuring tool .

..Tom

·
Registered
269 Posts
Its not simple

The main tubes appear to be one inch, the little "ears " that stick out look like 6/8" and the crossbar that goes across below the filter looks like 3/4.

Sorry I don't have a proper measuring tool .

..Tom
Good catch Tom.

The "ears" are 22mm. The man tubes are 25.4mm and the crossbar is 19mm. Measured with digital callipers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts