StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys:
I don't own a Rally bike, or have any connection with the Hessler , but I saw this photo in a magazine and I thought on sharing it with all of you.
This bike looks seriously cool for a rally bike. It also have good stuff in there.
So that's it. If anyone wonders how to make a V-Strom a real off-road bike,that's a good example.

In the other hand, I like the V-Strom as it is and I am going to quote Jon Bentman's review from Rust:
"Personally I had mixed feeling about this bike ahead of this test. I’d hoped the XT version at least would have gained an inch or two in ground clearance to enhance its off-road capabilities, and I wasn’t convinced a new set of clothes would amount to very much. Yet the bike has me won over. I can accept its limitations because Suzuki kind of declare these at the outset and I suspect their market analysis has shown the vast majority of adventure bike riders only do the lightest of occasional off-road riding. So they’ve focused on the V-Strom’s strengths to make it better for what it is most likely to do. And so what it is, is a very attractive, strong performing big-ADV in an 80:20 (road / off-road) kind of way. And through its honesty and integrity – and new found joie de vivre – I find I like it, very much. "

·
Registered
180 Posts
Actually, from a dirt bike perspective, I think it looks pretty good.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Ugly or not for off road use DL1050 + $4,569.11 = KTM
Never understood people paying a crap ton of money to make a bike do something that other bikes already do better for the same or less money. Same with the RallyRaid kits for the CB500X.

If you want proper off-road, you have a good selection from various KTM's, BMW's, and the Africa Twin

Reactions: richlandrick

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi guys:
I don't own a Rally bike, or have any connection with the Hessler , but I saw this photo in a magazine and I thought on sharing it with all of you.
This bike looks seriously cool for a rally bike. It also have good stuff in there.
So that's it. If anyone wonders how to make a V-Strom a real off-road bike,that's a good example.

In the other hand, I like the V-Strom as it is and I am going to quote Jon Bentman's review from Rust:
"Personally I had mixed feeling about this bike ahead of this test. I’d hoped the XT version at least would have gained an inch or two in ground clearance to enhance its off-road capabilities, and I wasn’t convinced a new set of clothes would amount to very much. Yet the bike has me won over. I can accept its limitations because Suzuki kind of declare these at the outset and I suspect their market analysis has shown the vast majority of adventure bike riders only do the lightest of occasional off-road riding. So they’ve focused on the V-Strom’s strengths to make it better for what it is most likely to do. And so what it is, is a very attractive, strong performing big-ADV in an 80:20 (road / off-road) kind of way. And through its honesty and integrity – and new found joie de vivre – I find I like it, very much. "
View attachment 275389
thats an awsome looking pony you got there fella!!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts