StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Winter always allows for some time to mod and come up with ideas. Everyone kept saying the 1000 belly pan wouldn't fit the 650, and for the most part that is correct if you want it to bolt up right out of the box. But with about an 1 1/2 of fabbing we were done and it looks great. Modification of all three brackets must be made, but was not very difficult. A small amount of trimming of the pan around the header pipe. I think it turned out great and I love the filled in look.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Nice mod! Tell me more about those highway pegs though.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are just 1x1 square tubing wielded to some flat stock. We used the footpegs and peg mounts off of the passenger peg brackets. My wife won't ride a bike so no big loss of pegs. But I won't be able to use these with the crash bars I am going to put on, so they may be up for sale soon. Very sturdy and makes for comfort to stretch out the legs some.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I thought they might be something custom. I'd be interested in them if you want to sell 'em.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Thanks for posting your results. I bought a 1000 belly pan about 4 months ago in hopes of mounting it to my 650 but never have gotten the motivation to try. Seeing yours is the push I needed.

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
It does look nice, but, it's something else that must be removed to change the filter. (I'm basically lazy, I guess... :( ) :rolleyes:

·
Banned
56 Posts
Winter always allows for some time to mod and come up with ideas. Everyone kept saying the 1000 belly pan wouldn't fit the 650, and for the most part that is correct if you want it to bolt up right out of the box. But with about an 1 1/2 of fabbing we were done and it looks great. Modification of all three brackets must be made, but was not very difficult. A small amount of trimming of the pan around the header pipe. I think it turned out great and I love the filled in look.

they sell one specific for the 650 . did you by that used .$69.00

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
From what I can see, I honestly do not believe I will have to remove it to get the oil filter off.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they sell one specific for the 650 . did you by that used .$69.00

It was NOS, but got it fairly cheap. I had seen some of the ones specific for the wee, but decided to just work with what I already had.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts