StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I thought I'd start this tread to use as place we can discuss plans for the 2010 VStrom Gathering in Montrose, Co. June 25-27, 2010. I will keep a current list of those Utards that will be attending on this first post.

If you all would like, we should plan a local ride soon and discuss each others plans for the event over lunch. I think it will be a great time and I would like to ride with as many of you as possible sometime during the event.:thumbup:

Utards attending:
ScottG-Wee Strom
Mike Vanderpoel-Suzuki Intruder 1500(ScottG's buddy)
Satch-Wee Strom
Ronin149-Wee Strom
Spineguy-Vee Strom
Cavehamster-Vee Strom
Robishaw-FJR

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I thought I'd start this tread to use as place we can discuss plans for the 2010 VStrom Gathering in Montrose, Co. June 25-27, 2010. I will keep a current list of those Utards that will be attending on this first post.

If you all would like, we should plan a local ride soon and discuss each others plans for the event over lunch. I think it will be a great time and would like to ride with as many of you as possible sometime during the event.:thumbup:

Utards attending:
ScottG
Satch
In addition to the list of "Utards", can you also start a list of just plain old regular guys from Utah that are going and put me on that one?

My room is booked and I will be attending. I just need to pay for my dinners and start getting my gear organized. I like the idea of a ride sometime soon to discuss plans. Of course, the ride would be open to those going and those not. Let's just get a ride going soon!

·
Registered
435 Posts
I will be there.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Scott,
Bravo for stepping up to the plate and putting this together. Ronin 149 and I will be making our way to Montrose via Moab and the LaSal Mountain range.:var_17:
Cavehamster!! love to have you join us on this trip again this year. I will be out of town quite a bit between then and now, but I will be there.
Still hoping to hear that one of my Utah bretheren will be joining me on my trip to Ankorhage.:thumbup:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Scott,
Bravo for stepping up to the plate and putting this together. Ronin 149 and I will be making our way to Montrose via Moab and the LaSal Mountain range.:var_17:
Cavehamster!! love to have you join us on this trip again this year. I will be out of town quite a bit between then and now, but I will be there.
Still hoping to hear that one of my Utah bretheren will be joining me on my trip to Ankorhage.:thumbup:
Satch and I have a plan to leave Weds June 23rd and head toward Moab spend Weds night camping in the area. Thursday head to the four corners area and then to Durango area for the night at this place http://www.bluesprucervpark.com/index.php we have room for 2 or 3 more riders in the cabin we have reserved. Any of you are welcome to join us that night. Friday we will head to Montrose Via HWY550(million dollar hwy) where we will be staying at the Hoilday Inn Express with the rest of the Sromtroopers for the rally. I'm sure we could meet up along the way somewhere.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I'm going for sure. Right now, I am planning on riding down Thursday evening. Was this your plan as well, spineguy?

There is just too much fun riding to be had in that area, I am really happy they chose to hold it there. I've spent a good deal of time in the area, so if anyone has any questions about roads or etc, feel free to ask.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Cavehamster!!!
Good to hear from you muchacho. I will be leaving sometime Thurs afternoon or evening. Jeff is planning on leaving in the mourning and findind a spot to camp earlier in the day. You can impart you riding recommendations to us on the Thurs over beers.:cheers2:
I was thinking of meeting Jeffery at Moab brewery for dinner, if we can be there by 8 or 9. Keep in touch.
I have to be out of town every other week for the next 5 weeks, so I will be ready to ride when this comes up.:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Cavehamster!!!
Good to hear from you muchacho. I will be leaving sometime Thurs afternoon or evening. Jeff is planning on leaving in the mourning and findind a spot to camp earlier in the day. You can impart you riding recommendations to us on the Thurs over beers.:cheers2:
I was thinking of meeting Jeffery at Moab brewery for dinner, if we can be there by 8 or 9. Keep in touch.
I have to be out of town every other week for the next 5 weeks, so I will be ready to ride when this comes up.:thumbup:
Works for me, I can bail out of work after lunch no problem. I'll probably just gear up and go into work, and you can get in touch with me when you are headed down. I work in North Salt Lake right near the BMW bike dealer.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Alright, getting close to time to figure things out.

I was in Moab for the weekend, and shot up Red Mountain Pass south of Ouray for giggles last night, the road is clear and looking good!

Spineguy, were you planning on camping the whole thing? I finally submitted my cash for the meals and whatnot, just trying to nail down where I will be sleeping and etc ;)

Any further interest in a lunch planning or something soon?

Now off to sort through the 1400 photos I took in Moab this weekend... sheeesh...

·
Registered
42 Posts
Coming from Cali

Hey Scott, Im planning on heading out to Colorado from Southern California on Wednesday and am Gorilla camping all the way. I am heading through Flagstaff and then up through 4 corners and then to Durango myself on Thursday. Maybe we can connect somewhere enroute? Any room left on the porch of your cabin in Durango?

Eric
02' DL1000

·
Registered
454 Posts
"Hey Scott, Im planning on heading out to Colorado from Southern California on Wednesday and am Gorilla camping all the way. I am heading through Flagstaff and then up through 4 corners and then to Durango myself on Thursday. Maybe we can connect somewhere enroute? Any room left on the porch of your cabin in Durango?"

Big Daddy,
Heavy-H and I are leaving Flagstaff around 7:30/8:00 AM Thursday for Durango. We are going to ride up to Chinle, pass Canyon DeChelly to Lukachukai and over the pass to Red Rock... then to Farmington..... and on into Durango. If you would like to hook up and ride along with us.... give a shout.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sounds like a plan

Awesome sounds great. Let me know what route youll be taking towards Chinle and Ill blow past Flagstaff and find a piece of road to sleep off of and then meet up with you guys after you leave Flagstaff.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Alright, getting close to time to figure things out.

I was in Moab for the weekend, and shot up Red Mountain Pass south of Ouray for giggles last night, the road is clear and looking good!

Spineguy, were you planning on camping the whole thing? I finally submitted my cash for the meals and whatnot, just trying to nail down where I will be sleeping and etc ;)

Any further interest in a lunch planning or something soon?

Now off to sort through the 1400 photos I took in Moab this weekend... sheeesh...
CaveHamster, yes I am planning on camping for the whole trip. Unfortunately at this moment, I do not have reservations. I will before this weeked is over. I am not sure yet what time I will be able to leave on Thursday. I would plan on it being around 5 or 6. I will remain hopeful for something earlier, but I can't plan that right now.
I am looking forward to the ride. I have a lot going on in the few weeks before the trip. I will see when I can get away for a ride.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
CaveHamster, yes I am planning on camping for the whole trip. Unfortunately at this moment, I do not have reservations. I will before this weeked is over. I am not sure yet what time I will be able to leave on Thursday. I would plan on it being around 5 or 6. I will remain hopeful for something earlier, but I can't plan that right now.
I am looking forward to the ride. I have a lot going on in the few weeks before the trip. I will see when I can get away for a ride.
Alright, well let me know. I haven't made any plans yet for hotel or whatnot, so I need to sort that all out soonish, I suppose.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Awesome sounds great. Let me know what route youll be taking towards Chinle and Ill blow past Flagstaff and find a piece of road to sleep off of and then meet up with you guys after you leave Flagstaff.
If this work out for you..... We can meet up here in Flagstaff Thurs. morning.... there is a nice KOA just past the mall on Hwy 89A if your camping. We will be riding through Leupp to Dilkon, Greasewood and Ganndo... then on up to Chinle. From Chinle we will ride past Canyon De Chelly to Lukachukai.... over the pass to Red Rock and work our way to Durango for the night.
Heavy-H and I haven't talked about when we were going to pull out of Flagstaff yet.... We usually meet at a coffee shop (Macy's) before our rides. Neither one of us have heard from any other AZ V-Strom riders..... so it might just be our three bikes.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Dreaming

A couple questions for Scott or Satch as I dream of tagging along on part of the Montrose trip.

1. Are you planning any off pavements routes?
2. Are you camping close enough to Moab that, if I went, I could stay in Moab? I know the other locations you're planning on staying.

FYI, I don't camp and nothing personal but I don't bunk up either (medical issues I don't want to bother others with...).

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A couple questions for Scott or Satch as I dream of tagging along on part of the Montrose trip.

2. Are you camping close enough to Moab that, if I went, I could stay in Moab? I know the other locations you're planning on staying.

FYI, I don't camp and nothing personal but I don't bunk up either (medical issues I don't want to bother others with...).
A1. No, we are not planning any off pavement rides or routes. My buddy Mike(crusier) that you rode with in St. George is going with us, so no dirt.
A2. We deciced not to camp in Moab I will be booking a small camping cabin at one of the Moab RV parks about $50 per night.

It would be great to have you along. Are you really considering it?:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,955 Posts

Robishaw...you really need to ride with us! :thumbup:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1 - 20 of 31 Posts