StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 2221 Posts

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think that having a thread dedicated for Utah riders to announcing their upcoming rides would be very helpful. A couple of you seemed to like the idea when I threw it out there on another post, so I thought I'd start it.

Rather than starting a new post every time you want to announce a ride, why not have a single thread that everyone looks for to find out what the Utah bunch is up to?

If this works the way I hope, it will have several benefits:

1. You can post your ride announcement quicker--just add a reply to the running thread.

2. The thread should be fairly active and move to the top regularly for better visibility.

3. You can subscribe to the thread and receive email notifications when others post so you don't miss out on a ride that you may be interested in.

4. You can quickly get a history of past rides and the riders who went. I think this would help everyone to get better acquainted and make it easier for newcomers.

Please let me know if you like this idea, or if you have other suggestions. I notice that many of the Utah riders over on the ADV board tend to post their rides on a single long-running thread and it seems to work pretty well for them.

If this thread takes off, I will make revisions to this original post as needed so that it's clear what we're doing. I was also thinking that we could make a dedicated thread for the follow-up ride reports of the rides listed here.

Opinions? Suggestions? Good? Bad?

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
Good idea! I wonder if we could get this Stickied?

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's my ride plan for Saturday Feb 28th:

11:00 am - Meet at the Saltair Resort off I-80 by the Great Salt Lake
11:45 - Lunch at Jim's Family Restaurant in Tooele
12:45 - Ride to Grantsville - South Willow Rd - Mormon Trail Road (paved) to Rush Valley - to Penny's Junction - to hwy 73 (Five mile pass, Cedar Fort, SaratogaSprings) to Home. Probably home by 2:30 - 3:00

If I have time and can figure out how to do it, I'll post a route map.

Hope some of you can make it!

·
Registered
3,256 Posts

12:45 - Ride to Grantsville - South Willow Rd - Mormon Trail Road (paved) to Rush Valley - to Penny's Junction - to hwy 73 (Five mile pass, Cedar Fort, SaratogaSprings) to Home. Probably home by 2:30 - 3:00

I'll try to meet you at Saltair, and maybe lunch, other than that my weekend has been planned for me.

·
Registered
409 Posts

I'll probably have to meet you at Jim's. I have the Boy Scout thing one last Saturday. I should be able to make it there before you all leave Jim's for the good part of the ride. I'll be sporting my new SKB cases for the ride.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We can move the Saltair meet time back to 12:00 if that's better. Makes no difference to me.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I'll probably have to meet you at Jim's. I have the Boy Scout thing one last Saturday. I should be able to make it there before you all leave Jim's for the good part of the ride. I'll be sporting my new SKB cases for the ride.
That's the best your legs have EVER looked! :D

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The meeting time at Saltair has been changed to around 12:15 so that ScottG can make it. I hope this works for those who were interested. It should be a few degrees warmer by then too.

We still plan on heading to Tooele for lunch. The route after that can be changed depending on who shows up and what everyone wants to do. If you are planning on coming for sure, please post here so we don't leave Saltair without you.

2mstone, be sure to let WillsWheels know. We'd love to have him even if you can't make it. Cavehamster--you in for sure? I sent an email to ILUM but haven't heard back. And Adam the Bandit from Farmington--you're invited too.

Andreas? Spineguy? Involute? Bueller? Bueller?...

It will be nice by tomorrow afternoon. If you don't come with us, I guarantee you that by 2:00 you'll be in a 45 minute car wash line wishing you had! :D

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Good lord, I didn't even see legs, I just homed in on the 4x4 'center stand'. Nice!

And yes, I will be there, 12:15, and I'm up for whatever, as long as I am back by about 5ish.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Good lord, I didn't even see legs, I just homed in on the 4x4 'center stand'. Nice!

And yes, I will be there, 12:15, and I'm up for whatever, as long as I am back by about 5ish.
Those are 6X6's baby!

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
It will be nice by tomorrow afternoon. If you don't come with us, I guarantee you that by 2:00 you'll be in a 45 minute car wash line wishing you had! :D
Your right, by 2:00 I'm be in a cage heading for Idaho wishing I was riding with you guys.

I'll try to let WillsWheels know, but he won't answer his phone....darn caller ID!

I had to go back and look at ScottG's pic to see the 4X4 center stand...funny the things we notice. ;)

Have a good ride guys!

Edit...WillsWheels just called and won't be going with you.

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
You're right, of course. But if you think about it, technically the real Assman was Cooperman's boat since Assman was the boat's actual name.

I just think it's funny that Cavehamster noticed Scotts wood and I noticed the legs......
:-D

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
So far we have 4 of us: ScottG, Cavehamster, ILuvUMan, and Me meeting at Saltair today at 12:15. Anyone else?

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
I just think it's funny that Cavehamster noticed Scotts wood and I noticed the legs......
:-D
TOTALLY JOKING OF COURSE...

You guys have fun!

1 - 20 of 2221 Posts