StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does an out of state, licensed ADV bike (Colorado license) need any sticker to travel on/off-road in Utah? A buddy is joining me in Moab Thursday and is thinking he needs a sticker. I think the sticker is for OHVs and not needed on a licensed bike but I wanted to make sure.

Thx!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Not a definative answer, but I seriously doubt it- UT seems very friendly towards off-road activities. I do know that I rode my NV plated bike on bits of ATV systems last spring with no UT stickers of any kind. Of course, it could be that I just got lucky in not being cited.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Does an out of state, licensed ADV bike (Colorado license) need any sticker to travel on/off-road in Utah? A buddy is joining me in Moab Thursday and is thinking he needs a sticker. I think the sticker is for OHVs and not needed on a licensed bike but I wanted to make sure.

Thx!
Is his bike licensed for the road or does it have an off-road sticker? If it is licensed for the road you don't need anything else in Utah to ride off road. If it is a non-street legal bike with an off-road sticker you will likely need to purchase a Utah permit.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Road-licensed, street-legal bike. Confirmed the same when I was in Moab, too. Unfortunately, for him the trip was a disaster - turns out he has a medical condition that prevented him from joining me.

Trip report to come soon.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts