StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have Midland two-way radios with AVPH2 closed face speaker/mic systems. The system works very well in general. PTT switch is mounted on the left mirror.

I've taken both bikes (wife has a DL650, I have a DL1000) left controls apart and re-purposed the passing switches to act as PTT switches for the comms. The problem is they don't work.

Upon close examination I noticed a very small chip, either a resistor or a diode, on the Midland PTT switch. Is this chip (or the lack of it) my problem? When I key the mike the circuit opens and transmits, but only open air...there's no sound from the mic.

Has anyone else done this mod successfully?

Jim

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Never mind. I figured out how the system works.

The system works better than ever actually. Clear, clean and simple.

·
$orry $ucka
476 Posts
What was the problem? I don't have a comm setup but like the idea of using the passing light switch as PTT. Have yet to use that switch to warn drivers that I'm overtaking them. If anything, I give the horn a little toot...probably as useless as a flash of the lights.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
It would be a good idea to share this, in detail with others, seems like a great idea.

I don't use the passing switch ever, and don't have a requirement for an intercom, but I'm guessing many here would really appreciate some specifics on how you did it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You've got a point. I have an advantage over many in that I used to be an electrician...and the boards have been there when I've need info.

I'll put something together in a day or two. Take care.

It would be a good idea to share this, in detail with others, seems like a great idea.

I don't use the passing switch ever, and don't have a requirement for an intercom, but I'm guessing many here would really appreciate some specifics on how you did it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts