StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've been trying to update my profile details in the user control panel, and the changes I make do not seem to be saving. For example, I set my location, model owned, etc. and when I make a new post it does not show the location in the upper right corner like I see on a lot of people's posts.

Then when I go back into the settings, everything I entered is gone.

Any ideas? Is this a common problem?

I have also had weird behavior with my signature. It seems to revert back to my old signature randomly, I haven't been able to nail it down. Sometimes it just doesn't save any updates I make.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
Are you clicking the Save button at the bottom of the page before leaving the page?

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Yes. Actually, I just went back and it looks like some of the details are there... but it's not showing in the upper right of my posts still.

Edit:
It looks like it persisted my birthday (second section) just fine, but details from the first section (bio, location, etc.) are not saving.

·
38,047 Posts
The upper right will only show your join date, location and post count. You have to save each page, not just once at the end of the edits.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The upper right will only show your join date, location and post count.
Yeah, I expected that and that's actually what I'm trying to do... show my location. That's the main thing that's bugging me. Is it expecting me to type in a valid city/state combination and just not telling me? I was just trying to enter "Northeast Ohio" but maybe it doesn't like that...

Edit: Nevermind, looks like that's not the case based on fatalerror's location.

·
38,047 Posts
I've been missing from that list before. I just click his name to access his profile.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
38,047 Posts
Something is wrong and it's beyond my knowledge. I just added Northeast Ohio to the profile and it didn't stick.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Something is wrong and it's beyond my knowledge. I just added Northeast Ohio to the profile and it didn't stick.
Fair enough! Must be something with the forum software. I won't worry about it for now. I checked the http POST for the update request (http://www.stromtrooper.com/profile.php?do=updateprofile) and it looks like all the params are there (I removed the irrelevant ones):

userfield[field1]=DL650 Novice
userfield[field1_set]=1
userfield[field2]=Northeast Ohio
userfield[field2_set]=1
userfield[field3]=
userfield[field3_set]=1
userfield[field4]=
userfield[field4_set]=1
userfield[field5]=DL650
userfield[field5_set]=1

so must be something on the server side not working.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I noticed this issue was fixed for awhile, then I just noticed today that my location no longer shows in the upper right of my posts.

When I go to the 'About Me' of my profile, there's nothing there. I fill it in and hit save each time, but it never keeps.

·
38,047 Posts
I'll report it.

·
38,047 Posts
It looks like it was fixed.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have also edited my profile and put a picture in, but it doesn't show. Is the bug still there? And why do everybody talk about upper right corner, on my PC it all shows in the upper left corner.

·
38,047 Posts
You added a Profile picture. It shows up when clicking your screen name. I think you want an Avatar, a picture that shows when you make a post.

There are several themes available that affect the position of some elements. Those using different themes will see different positions. Check the very bottom of the page for a drop down box for theme selection.

·
Registered
14,226 Posts
Maybe these guys are vampires. The think they see themselves but the mirror shows otherwise?
How do vampires shave and not miss stuff?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I understood "Profile picture, max size 100x100 pixels" as the picture showing in every posting. I couldn't imagine that there is a separate avatar for this. What is then the purpose of the profile pcture?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts