StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking a 2012 DL650A w/ 5,000 miles for $5,500. Sounds like a good deal to me. Opinions?

Bikes looks very clean, no obvious accidents, cracks in the frame etc., no maintenance records - was all done by Previous owner, question I have

Has anyone used DMV.org or something similar to carfax ti check the Bike's history? Perhaps there is a better site for my $25?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Looking a 2012 DL650A w/ 5,000 miles for $5,500. Sounds like a good deal to me. Opinions?

Bikes looks very clean, no obvious accidents, cracks in the frame etc., no maintenance records - was all done by Previous owner, question I have

Has anyone used DMV.org or something similar to carfax ti check the Bike's history? Perhaps there is a better site for my $25?

Thanks.
I never used Carfax for a bike but have when I was used car shopping years ago. I was looking to buy an Acura from someone in NY and it turned out it was previously stolen and recovered after a couple months. That doesn't mean that there's something wrong with the car because of that, but it sure did help me make a decision because the seller conveniently left that part out. You never know what you will learn from these sites. Might be well worth the $25 and in my case it was.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Sounds like fair deal. I have seen them a bit cheaper but you have to wait for it. These bikes are very reliable as well, check for scuff marks that may indicate a crash and make sure he has a receipt for the oil/filter so you can verify he changed it. Good luck.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I have been trying to sell mine at $4,500 with no takers. 2012 12.5k miles. I am about ready to trade it in and be done with it. I can't even do a good deed and sell my bike with the intent of giving someone a good deal.

Always check here for Motorcycle VINs, free and fast-
https://www.nicb.org/theft_and_fraud_awareness/vincheck

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input - just need to figure out how to clear up the title - and finish up negotiations with the home office.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Negotiations/ home office strained but successful.

Next question - would you buy a users manual, service manual or both - realizing I'm fairly mechanically inept

Thanks

·
Administrator
16,599 Posts
Negotiations/ home office strained but successful.

Next question - would you buy a users manual, service manual or both - realizing I'm fairly mechanically inept

Thanks
Should already have a users manual with the bike, and of course I highly recommend a proper service manual.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts