StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought this used 2006 DL650. I haven't had the chance to ride it much...yet, but so far the ride home from the PO was nice!

Couple of questions:

Is it safe to "assume" that the reason for this spacing is because there used to be handle guards?

Also, I cannot stand this windshield! Too big and the lip hits me right at eye level. Question...does this site have a member (or place) where there's a collection of used parts for HONEST riders who may have wrecked and need a few parts to get their V's on the road again but don't have the funds necessary? If so I'd be willing to donate this windshield to the fund! It's a Givi and I'm not sure what the height is.

Finally, (for now :grin2: ) I have the Givi monokey "Pontoon" bags that are HUGE! I have two of them. I'll probably keep the one for a top case but I can't use them as saddle bags without looking like I'm going to ride into a river and try to float away!!!
So, without breaking the bank, are the monokey E22N's decent? And do they look good on the 650? Is there a such-thing as aftermarket saddle bags that would fit the monokey brackets that I could use instead?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
480 Posts
My son would love to have that windshield on his 06. I think if you got a Masthead Bracket to make it more adjustable you would love it too.

Yes, I think that bike may have had Barkbuster hand guards or some such at one time.

Don't know much about the Monkey bags...sorry.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Welcome to Stromtrooper!

Yes, the Givi e22L are good cases. Have had them for 3-4 years now with no complaints. As mentioned, the Madstad bracket may make you rethink getting rid of windshield.

Good luck with farkles!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,097 Posts

Yes, I think that bike may have had Barkbuster hand guards or some such at one time.

As gdrew said it looks like hand guards were installed at one time. I think you should be able to remove the spacer if it bothers you. Just do not unscrew it totally. Loosen the screw in the bar end a little, wiggle and pull, loosen a little more, wiggle and pull, repeat. It should pull out without completely unscrewing, otherwise you'll lose the nut in the handle bars.

There is a "for free" thread in the For Sale section if you wish to donate the windshield.

Lots of luggage pics here: http://www.stromtrooper.com/photography-videos/21652-luggage-pictures-thread.html

1 - 4 of 4 Posts