StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I know - YATT...

But, I need a new shoe on the front. I've got a tourance on the rear. Can I put a Conti Road Attack on the front? Would this work? The reason - this is the only tire in stock in the area. Got a trip on Saturday...

any thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
You are a little short on time but I would contact rocky mountain atv. I think they offer 3 day shipping for like 6 bucks. And they have the best price on tourances that I have seen. Just ordered a pair for 239.98 shipped free. I am sure your bike will do just fine with the conti as well.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I would, and I wouldn't think twice about it. As long as both tires are radials, right tire pressures are used, I don't think its a big deal to mix tires / brands. I've done it quite a bit on the DL650....ran a Road Attack on the front, a TrailWing on the rear, etc. Run whatever you got and have a nice trip!!

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Right now I'm running a dunlop D607 on front and bridgestone BT021 on rear. It's the first time I've mixed front and back, and so far it's also the best road handling combination I've had in 5 tire changes.

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
I would, and I wouldn't think twice about it. As long as both tires are radials, right tire pressures are used, I don't think its a big deal to mix tires / brands. I've done it quite a bit on the DL650....ran a Road Attack on the front, a TrailWing on the rear, etc. Run whatever you got and have a nice trip!!
Never argue with big boobs.

I have a Tourance on the read with a Detour on the front for the past year and it handles OK. The biggest problem I run into is that the Tourance handles tar snakes with ease, the Detour not so much.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I wouldn't even be concerned mixin a bias ply with a radial, riders do it all the time, run a knobby bias ply like a TKC up front and a less agressive radial inthe rear
Good point. I've done that. I just didn't like the way it felt, but it was just a personal preference thing. It still worked fine though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts