StromTrooper banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Posting on behalf of LLEWDAERT who is travelling overland into Victoria tonight towards Omeo.
- urgently needs LHS footpeg bracket for DL1000.
An unplanned launch offroad into the shrubbery yesterday has cracked the alloy footpeg bracket that bolts to the frame and has the gear shift pivot pin in it.
LLEWDAERT's Victoria tour is flexible and he will detour.
If you can help please post a reply.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Happy to unbolt the bracket off the WTF 1000 for a week or 3 to keep him going. Melbourne Outer East. Can mail to Omeo or any other VIC destination overnight from tomorrow (Monday) onwards.
Need the part back by Xmas!!

Alternative: Try to limp into Mel Outer East during the week and I'll have a welder on standby to weld up the cast-alloy. It'll look shitty but do the job.

PM me for a phone number.
Or email glitch_oz at Yahoo dot com

I'll keep an eye on this thread/ forum.

Trowelled it on the Bogong High Plains or Omeo Hwy dirt?
As long as he's ok!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Glitch

Thanks Glitch. I'll pass on your reply when Scott phones in (hopefully tonight).
No injuries. Excursion occurred yesterday on a fire trail SE of Braidwood. He'll know the exact details for you.
I had to leave the party this afternoon at the junction of Wadbilliga and Tuross River roads (me north the other 3 south) after a rather exciting above-the-knee river crossing. I think they said they would head towards Delegate.
Gary

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update

Glitch - I just received an SMS from Scott saying he was hopeful of a weld repair in Dargo this morning. I'll keep you posted regarding resolution of the matter. Regards - Gary

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glitch,
I've had no further contact (the route would take them into country with no mobile reception) so I assume the Dargo bracket fix has been successful.
Thanks a lot for your offer of assistance.
Regards - Gary

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Since I didn't hear from Scott, I guessed as much. Yo...most areas from Dargo don't have coverage, it's a bit bumpy out there :) :thumbup:

But Dargo's a good spot for help, they're used to all sorts of "broken, busted and arse-up" stuff , from campers to bikes to 4WDs and everything else imaginable, mobile or stationary.

Lucky buggers...they've got the best conditions and weather at the moment. :hurray:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Many Thanks

Hello I am home , what a ride!!
Thanks to Gary for posting.... and many thanks to Pete[Glitch] for his kind offer.
I managed to get the footpeg hanger welded at Omeo, and I have had no problems since. I will be on the lookout for a replacement so if anyone has one or knows of one I will be interested. I will write an RR so those interested can follow the tale.
Cheers
Scott

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Good to hear :thumbup:

"Oh YESSS!!" to the RR.

Sorry, but no spare brackets/ hangers or footpegs on the "dungeon"- shelves.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts