StromTrooper banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I parked my bike today, turned the front wheel to the left and attempted to lock it in place. It wouldn't lock. I then turned the wheel all the way to the right and then back to try again...but it won't go past the middle... Essentially, I can only turn my bike straight or to the right, but not at all to the left. I also can't turn my key past the off position, I can push the key in, but can only turn it about a quarter inch towards the lock position....

Help please if possible.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Make sure a main frame to cowling frame bolt #2 didn't drop out and fall where it will jam the steering. Only one is pictured but there are two.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1) good call! That was definitely the case lol.

2) how tight should those bolts be (or how
Far screwed in)? The one that didn't fall out was still kinda loose and sticking out a good amount

·
38,103 Posts
I forget whether they have 8mm or 10mm shanks. 8s take 16.5lb-ft and 10s take 25.5lb-ft. Blue Loctite is a good idea too.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Make sure a main frame to cowling frame bolt #2 didn't drop out and fall where it will jam the steering. Only one is pictured but there are two.

t
You never cease to amaze me.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
A witch! A witch, I say! :yikes:

·
38,103 Posts
The only thing I've ever heard of limiting the steering is that bolt and it's happened to others more than once. It seemed like a good thing to check is all. It aint magic.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts