StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
:thumbup:Saturday 5th November - left home at 7:30am NSW time headed towards Legume on the Mt Lindsay Hwy, left at Legume to wards Tenterfield and then onto Deepwater for fuel and a break.

After refuelling I headed to Torrington (no services here) but some great camp sights and a good clean day area with a walk of about 800m to Thunderbolts Lookout. from here I travelled on the Emmaville road then onto Glenn Innes/Inverell road all (dirt/rock) some good places along the way to stop for a break, right towards Inverell a short way down you can also take the Bonshaw road to Pindari dam, I continued toward Inverell and onto the Gwydir Hwy onto Moree.

I stoped at Warilada for a short break and then onto Moree for fuel arriving about 3pm NSW time. Short break at Moree then onto the Mungindi road out to a little place called Garah, just over the train line on the north side of Garah turn right towards Boomi about 30minutes ride away. The country out here is flat and dry but it is still interesting ride.

Arriving at Boomi at 4pm on a Saturday arvo seems like a ghost town even the pub had no patronage, it was also the time of year for Harvest so all were still working that time of the day. Ihad a 4x and then rode round to the camp ground near the swiming pool. They have showers etc but it is not like your normal camping I was the only one there.

I set up the swag and crashed for a couple of hours. I woke up at about 6:30pm NSW Time and had a wash and then onto the pub fior a great mixed grill and a couple of 4x. The pub was buzzing with about 6 locals who had stopped in for a couple before climbing back into their trucks to head towards wherever they were going.

I awoke sunday morning at 5:30am Qld time, it was light and time to roll up the swag and get on the road, I took a couple of photos from in town then headed towards Goondiwindi, great time of the day to ride, cool and clear and no Qantas jumping across in front of you for a change. hit Goondiwindi then back onto the Hwy towards Warwick and home thru Killarney. A lot of kms for an overnighter but I did enjoy the time on the bike, a good mixture for an adventure. Next time I am going to try and do 4 or 5 days out that way somewhere. I would like to do a run out to Noccundra and Camp on the Wilson River and back again.

In hindsight I should have stayed around the torrington/emmaville area and explored some more, the strom is such a comforatble bike to ride I just wanted to do as many kms as i could. Alway next time I guess.
:confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Sounds like a good ride BS1, but where are the pics?
Then again I did a bit of that area a few years ago, NO PICS, go figure

·
Registered
608 Posts
Tx for the ride report and the pics. Hang on, NO PICS

:fineprint: "Thou shalt include pics with all ride reports."

:thumbup:

EDIT: Desired effect. Brett has posted some pics.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts