StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another one for the QLD and Nth NSW contingent.

Daryll the publican at the urbenville pub is holding a dakar party on Jan 7th.

He will have Dakar highlights screening on the big screen TV. Rooms are fully booked but $5 will cover camping out the back and a shower if ya need it.

Darryl also has free GPS downloads of the tracks in the area if you want to explore.

He needs some idea of numbers to arrange catering, so post here if you can make it.

Urbenville is a bike friendly town that could really use our support, so come along buy a beer of ten, a feed and some fuel and everyone is happy.

·
Registered
608 Posts
UPDATES TO THIS LIST POSTED ON LATER PAGES

McGuyver +6 ('banned' on AdvRider - ha haaa)
SuzyVstrom (Steve C)
OneOff (Peter)
BrettStrom1 (dunno his real name :yesnod:)
BlackWidow (Gary on his own, no Hiew :nonod:)
Howard, VStrom 650, not on the forum)

Maybe:
Skip, Honda Varadero 900
Anthony, Triumph Tiger

·
Registered
868 Posts
Added info

The list thus far:

McGuyver +6
SuzyVstrom (Steve C)
OneOff (Peter)
BrettStrom1 (dunno his real name :yesnod:)
BlackWidow (Gary on his own, no Hiew :nonod:)
His real name is Brett:furious:

·
Registered
608 Posts
Saturday loop

McGuyver has promised a re-run of the famous "Ride on Sunday" loop, enroute to Urbenville on Saturday (long way round).

It's reasonably demanding, not the least because it's a bloody long way so you need to keep moving along at a reasonable clip.

I'm wondering how to get my camping gear to Urbenville beforehand so I don't have to lug it around all day, and risk drowning it all in a river.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Dakar weekend

Ensure your plans are flexible as the weather is predicted to be wet:new_shitsmiley:. The Strom will look a bit unusual with flippers and scuba tank.:green_lol:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Brett (or whatever your name is ). Stop being so sensible.....just stop it! :)
Gee Guy this threads gone quiet, you must have frightened a few off.
That infamous judge that said in a court case " sometimes when a woman says no she really means yes" you know he may have been right, cause now Hiew is coming. Our plan is to go down Fri. arvo, set up and head east on sat morning up the cond river rd hopefully come across you high speed chappies somewhere.
A muddy plan at this stage, See ya soon.

·
Registered
608 Posts
Bloke on AdvRiders said he was talking to Darryl the other day and Darryl didn't know anything about this Dakar Night thing.

I messaged BrettStrom1 and he popped into the pub earlier today. Said, "Just went down and the ladies at the pub weren't sure what was happening. The accommodation is fully booked out so I left a message for Darryl to ring me."

Last post on their facebook page is Dec 10. I think Mrs Darryl (Amanda) is currently in hospital. She may be the organising brains ....

We shall see.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Dakar not on at Urbenville 7th January

As I have also just PM SuzyStrom re the 7th it aint on as far as the publican knows. The accommodation is booked out by another group of road riders. The Dakar is not actually on until Sunday 15th January when I believed it will be televised.

Not sure who fu____d up, someone has loose communication.

Cheers

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Spoke to Homer this morning. He is adamanat that it is on, although he did sound a bit vague.

Regardless we are going anyway. Meet at Caltex Beaudesert at 8 am. Ride will basically be a repeat of what we did the other weekend.

If it turns out that we cant camp at the pub we can always camp at Bretts (or whatver his name is) Place.....hello Brett you there??? Brett? Where did he go?????:biggrinjester:

Let me know if your coming.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
As I have also just PM SuzyStrom re the 7th it aint on as far as the publican knows. The accommodation is booked out by another group of road riders. The Dakar is not actually on until Sunday 15th January when I believed it will be televised.

Not sure who fu____d up, someone has loose communication.

Cheers

Brett.(owyni)...... Dakar actually started 0n Jan 1. Is being teleivsed evry day at 5.30pm on SBS.

SBS website has brilliant coverage as well.
SBS Dakar Rally 2012

Just thought I would clear that up, so there is no confusion.:thumbup:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Im confused or maybe I just need another beer and who is this Brett fellow and dose he have spa bath accomodation???

·
Registered
868 Posts
Camping my place

Spoke to Homer this morning. He is adamanat that it is on, although he did sound a bit vague.

Regardless we are going anyway. Meet at Caltex Beaudesert at 8 am. Ride will basically be a repeat of what we did the other weekend.

If it turns out that we cant camp at the pub we can always camp at Bretts (or whatver his name is) Place.....hello Brett you there??? Brett? Where did he go?????:biggrinjester:

Let me know if your coming.
I would like to come however I will be fencing the front of the property over the next few days and at this stage not sure if I will be finished before saturday. If you are going to camp at my place let me know by this Friday. enjoy the ride. Cheers

·
Registered
515 Posts
One More...

Mark, one of my workmates will be coming on either his 660Tenere or XR400, he hasn't decided which yet. He will be heading out with the gravelly guys from Beaudesert, Howard and I will head down the tar and score the best tent sites, and then go and explore some local roads. :thumbup:

Pete.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts