StromTrooper banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hy everyone , my absolute favorite ride is deals gap n.c , if you have never been there & your a true sport touring rider , you must get there . sickest road in the usa . however , the other reason for this post is im looking to get all vstromers in the soarounding areas of rockland c.o. n.y. to gather for sunday rides . for anyone interested ,from out of the area i can take you down some of the nicest roads n.y.has to offer .to all of you that already know this area, lets get together and share different rides . i think a good meeting place could be perkins drive ,in bear mountain state park . for all those interested my name is brian , my email is [email protected] .

·
Registered
984 Posts
Mo bettah up norf

My vote is for WNY and north central PA. I used to think the best riding roads in the country were out west but the east has some phenomenal riding you just have to get out and do some exploring. There are some real jems out there waiting for you to discover them.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Hey Brian, I'm from the Hudson Valley area and ride Harriman, Bear Mt area all the time, shoot me a PM when your up for a ride. I normally get a group ride together on Sat/Sun mornings every couple of weeks, the group typically goes out for 3-5 hrs and travels throughout the Hudson Valley area and beyond, fun twisty scenic rides.:D

·
Registered
90 Posts
deals gap n.c , if you have never been there & your a true sport touring rider , you must get there . sickest road in the usa . .
Nah, that honor goes to AZ-191 (Old Devil's Highway, AZ-666) in eastern AZ.:tongue_smilie: Deal's gap is "318 curves in 11 miles". The Devil has 1800 in 90 miles, 425 of which are hairpin. THAT'S a sick road! Given it's located in nowhereville, there is an absence of any circus-like atmosphere (often found at DGap) and traffic is a non-issue.

AGirl

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
n.y.roads

well (A) girl , you sound like a hard core tourer , whats the name of the town rt 191 is in , i was out in az about four years ago , west of flagstaff , i forget the town or the road ,but it was basicly a zig zag cliff that went strait up and when you got to the top you looked strait down at the town below . ive gotta mapquest it to remember where it was , but i agree with you az has got some of the sickest & most senic roads ,aside from deals . the only down side to my ride out there in az was i borrowed my buddies indian which was a real nice bike , but compaired to a strom in the twisties it was like ridding a brontasouras .

·
Registered
21,984 Posts
i'd beg to differ, theres plenty of good roads in many places in ny other than 'downstate'
essex county is not "downstate" it's 100 miles north of albany......(Ticonderoga, Elizabethtown, Lake Placid all in Essex County) 40 miles from Canada

essex county is home of the popular "tracy Road", also Ensign Pond Road, Lincoln Pond Road, Hurricane Road and many unpaved adventure roads as well

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
257 Posts
Americade all this week in Lake George.
Are you planning on attending? I was up there today but they changed the set up. No Moto Guzzi, BMW, Suzuki etc. The forum isn't open & it seemed to me like attendance was much lower this year than the past few. I usually go up Tuesday & Friday. Quite a few people asked me about my Vee as I was parked next to my buddies Beemer. I test drove a Nightrod Special, very fast! All in all, great weather, nice folks & lots of bikes.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Nah, that honor goes to AZ-191 (Old Devil's Highway, AZ-666) in eastern AZ.:tongue_smilie: Deal's gap is "318 curves in 11 miles". The Devil has 1800 in 90 miles, 425 of which are hairpin. THAT'S a sick road! Given it's located in nowhereville, there is an absence of any circus-like atmosphere (often found at DGap) and traffic is a non-issue.

AGirl
I knew there was a reason i wanted to ride to Arizona. Will it rain like hell if I come out there? :lol:

·
Registered
21,984 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
eh Boater B

Very interested. Would like to take a weekend and ride over to Mt. Washington...we could meet up. I would be riding up from Niagara Falls...

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Essex county is........

i'd beg to differ, theres plenty of good roads in many places in ny other than 'downstate'
Nowhere near " down state ..it is aproxamately 26 miles south of the Plattsburgh Air force reservation and 90 miles north of Albany on the eastern side of the state bordering the Lake "Champlain" and it has some of the best roads west of Vermont... But Illion Gorge area is a nice ride for an hour or so :rolleyes:

·
Registered
159 Posts
I moved away from NY, but when I was in school at S.U.N.Y. Albany, I used to travel the Taconic State Parkway home to Long Island frequently. I know that route so thoroughly it's crazy.

I nicknamed the Taconic "The Teaspoon" ("T.S.P."--get it? ;)) and it remains one of my favorite roads anywhere.

Of course, I have not ridden extensively all over NY state, though. For all I know, there are roads that kick butt on the Teaspoon, but I don't know of them.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts