StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'Day All , can anyone advise me if a route planned on google maps can be uploaded to a Samsung Galaxy S 2 android phone using Sygic GPS app and if possible , in easy to understand terms , how do you do it
regards Paul

·
Registered
351 Posts
have you thought to contact ap maker for an answer? May better your odds since its pretty specific on S2 and sygic. g'luck

·
Registered
518 Posts
You might want to check out the "Laying down Tracks" section on ADV Rider. There's a lot of talk about stuff like this. However, from what I've been able to understand: Yes, it might be possible, but it will be convoluted beyond belief, and because you are using two different programs with different routing systems, once you upload to the Samsung, the route will probably change. I'm planning on installing a Asus Memopad HD 7 on my Strom, and I've already installed Alk Copilot as my GPS program. Copilot has a drag-a-route option that makes it unneccesary to plan on one computer and switch to another. Plus the 7 inch tablet is large enough for my old eyes to see what they're doing. YMMV

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
G'Day All , can anyone advise me if a route planned on google maps can be uploaded to a Samsung Galaxy S 2 android phone using Sygic GPS app and if possible , in easy to understand terms , how do you do it
regards Paul
it is not:
Is it possible to import Google Maps route to Sygic? : Sygic Support

now, if you get yourself a nice FREE copy of OSMAND (Welcome To OsmAnd), you can save your route as a kml, convert it using GPSbabel (GPSBabel: convert, upload, download data from GPS and Map programs) into a gpx file, and voila! you can use it with OSMAND.

ALL FOR FREE.

·
Registered
77 Posts
OSMAND is good! Also check out these great apps if you use google maps

Ride With GPS A website and app that allows you to create maps via browser, just ignore the pay screen until you feel its worth it. You can export into Track Navigator

Track Navigator <<< excellent app not only can you create your own maps using above and importing, but you can also see other riders maps, normally you just use other riders maps as Ride with GPS is heavily supported by both motorcycle and bike enthusiasts. There is also a Nearby option, lets say you are out riding and want to go on an adventure but not sure where to go, it will track you location via GPS and make suggestions on other peoples routes near by that hey have plotted and done.

My Tracks - a Breadcrumb program

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am in the process of planning a ~7,300 mile motorcycle trip and was running into the exact same problem. Right now I am using the free version of a software program called TyreToTravel - find, create and share routes for my route planning, then will export the GPX file to OSMAnd so I can get turn-by-turn directions through my helmet's Bluetooth.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts