StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What mirrors can be swapped that are larger than stock?

I just fitted thr mirror extenders and love them but the factory mirrors are kinda crap.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I like the other Suzuki ones off the gsx- s line

·
Registered
21 Posts
great topic, i want to put better looking mirrors on my 14 strom, i was wondering if the versy 1000 mirrors have the same thread pattern? i like how those look.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I replaced mine with the mirrors from an Aprillia Dorsoduro 1200. Much longer arms, and more stretched outwards. I like them a lot, however I didn't really spend any time riding with the stock ones to compare. Cost was $45 from af1racing.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,054 Posts
I have been using a set of Napoleon Long Stem Mirrors along with mirror extenders. I bought in 2006 and had them mounted on my 2006 DL650 and have put them on each Strom since.

I love the mirrors for their size and that they are slightly Convex so show a wider field of view. Sadly they aren't produced anymore and any copies you can buy today are not convex so limit the field of view.

(I would happily buy a set as a backup off of someone if anyone had Originals for sale.)

..Tom

·
Registered
506 Posts
For me, coming from a lot of sport riding (VFR 800, CB1000R (naked bike, not a CBR), my experience with the mirrors on the V2 is great! Little to no vibration and large view...even my ST1300 mirrors were inferior due to location.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
188 Posts
The extenders worked out well for me, too. The OEMs are fine. Just remember to put a dab of BLUE Loctite on the theads once you figure out where you want them. I had one of mine blow loose at 75 mph in heavy traffic. With a little thread locker, they've been fine ever since.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts